Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post,

Just bought a 2006 660 Camo Rhino...was looking for an automatic quad for camp..but came across this Rhino for a price that I couldn't say no to...will post up pics later, nothing fancy but I like it so far...

2006 Camo 660
14" SS ITP Rims
26" Terra Cross tires
Roof
Full windshield
Half doors
4500 lb winch
Dynatek CDI
885 kms 115hrs

It doesn't start that well, but in the process of going through it all now...this is the reason it cheap...guy didn't know what was wrong with it....I told him I would take a chance on it...but offered him way less than asking price...picked it up for $4600 CAN.....may not seem like that great of a deal to my US friends, but where I am from some people are still asking $8500 + for similar Rhino's!!! (most sell for around $7000)

·
Registered
615 Posts
First post,

Just bought a 2006 660 Camo Rhino...was looking for an automatic quad for camp..but came across this Rhino for a price that I couldn't say no to...will post up pics later, nothing fancy but I like it so far...

2006 Camo 660
14" SS ITP Rims
26" Terra Cross tires
Roof
Full windshield
Half doors
4500 lb winch
Dynatek CDI
885 kms 115hrs

It doesn't start that well, but in the process of going through it all now...this is the reason it cheap...guy didn't know what was wrong with it....I told him I would take a chance on it...but offered him way less than asking price...picked it up for $4600 CAN.....may not seem like that great of a deal to my US friends, but where I am from some people are still asking $8500 + for similar Rhino's!!! (most sell for around $7000)
That is a good deal.............

·
Registered
395 Posts
welcome.....do the normal...on something that sits alot....and had no love( selling)..charge battery....new fuel filter...new engine oil and filter...new front and rear diff gear oil....new spark plug...new gas...clean or new air filter.....should be good to go after that

·
Registered
395 Posts
the longer mine sits the harder it is to start....there is a thred for installing a boat style primmer bulb in the fuel line to help this....i have a new primmer bulb just need to install it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome.....do the normal...on something that sits alot....and had no love( selling)..charge battery....new fuel filter...new engine oil and filter...new front and rear diff gear oil....new spark plug...new gas...clean or new air filter.....should be good to go after that

All of the above are on the list of things to do, parts getting ordered today. Also took the carb out last night and going to fully clean and rebuild it...picked up a 5/16 primer ball and some new fuel line to install later this week. In the old fuel filter I did notice silicone...so thanks to the helpful info on this site it looks like I will be taking out fuel pickup and cleaning it up as well.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Welcome...

We have the fuel kits and jet kits to solve that problem for you...

The bulb primer is a good asset...our kits make it easy to install one...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
welcome.....:)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts