Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just bought an 09 450 rhino from my grandpa. It's well weathered, dull plastic from not being garages but mechanically solid! Can't wait to get in it and put It through the paces! This is my first Rhino!!

I'm sure some questions will pop up. This site looks great!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Beings as it came from your Grandpa you should know the maintenance history. Still might be a good idea to do it yourself then you know for sure. Change all fluids and filters(oil and fuel), clean the air filter, grease all the zerks, and while you've got it up on the jacks check wheel bearings, a arm and knuckle bushings, tie rod ends and ball joints. Too many people let the little things go and it usually turns into a big mess if left unchecked!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beings as it came from your Grandpa you should know the maintenance history. Still might be a good idea to do it yourself then you know for sure. Change all fluids and filters(oil and fuel), clean the air filter, grease all the zerks, and while you've got it up on the jacks check wheel bearings, a arm and knuckle bushings, tie rod ends and ball joints. Too many people let the little things go and it usually turns into a big mess if left unchecked!
Thanks for the advise. Haven't even gotten it off the trailer yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can't go wrong with a 450.
My buddy and I both love ours...

·
Registered
94 Posts
congrats. i love my 450.. right now we have 2 of them and they r hard to beat

·
Registered
133 Posts
...plus the 450 is geared lower.

Mine had no problem at all climbing Helicopter Hill at Shiloh Ridge in Alto,TX...rolling on 30" Silverbacks...without even a clutch kit.

What I really love is the way it just sips fuel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like what I'm hearing ;)

The only thing that needs done to it are tires. They rode on pavement A LOT!!! Luckily I have a nearly new set of 27" Mud Bugs in the garage.

How well will it pull the Bugs with stock sheeves etc????

·
Registered
133 Posts

The only thing that needs done to it are tires. They rode on pavement A LOT!!! Luckily I have a nearly new set of 27" Mud Bugs in the garage.

I'm running 28x11x14 Zillas on all 4 with stock clutching and have no problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I'm running 28x11x14 Zillas on all 4 with stock clutching and have no problems.
Nice! Through the years I've ram every type of tire there is on my atvs. From XTRs to Outlaws and everything between. The Bugs are by far my favorites!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had 28" Gators for awhile back when my Rhino was still green(literally,lol)...which are essentially the same tire as the MudBug...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 450 goes everywhere that my 700 will just a little slower. Seems bulletproof though and great on gas. I will be installing JBS hotrod sheave soon. Works wonders for my 700 so we will see if it wakes up the 450. Good luck with the new rhino and welcome!

·
Banned
833 Posts
My 450 goes everywhere that my 700 will just a little slower. Seems bulletproof though and great on gas. I will be installing JBS hotrod sheave soon. Works wonders for my 700 so we will see if it wakes up the 450. Good luck with the new rhino and welcome!

does the same for the fo-fiddy:banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the great big addiction and passion!!! Most fun with your clothes on.......you will find yourself dreaming of riding all the time.....:banana:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.