Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you can see a pic in my profile pics.....i said it before but just saying again with pics....this is a really good rhino jack...i found mine at recycle yard so it was "free" it does say monty carlo on it?....but the old cars from the 1970 with big chrome bumpers...the jacks must be all over the wrecking yards...they are mostly the same except the part that hooks to bumper....mine has a big L shape to it....but under the rhino doors that bar...or my front bumper....this thing goes on and will lift mine a mile hi....good for changing tires or if stuck ...it will dam near lift it high enuff to flip it over!!!...just extending the olive branch my friends!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Great idea, smaller, lighter and a alot cheaper than your standard hi-lift jack.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
I think the balloon bag would work also ...it does cost more than the old bumper Jack at around $70, but is much lighter and is no hassle and safer to pack in a SXS ...think it's good for either 1 or 2 tons and would be perfect for getting a UTV unstuck in mud, sand or snow by yourself ....not having to deal with the Jack base sinking in a soft substance would be priceless IMO ...

sent from my broken Droid

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep...and in the pic its rusty...i took it to work and wire brushed and painted....its all nice now..and dont get your hands durty if you touch it

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its bolted down...i carry a 12x12 piece of plywood in my bag....it can go under jack pad if needed

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Good old-fashioned bumper-jack...

I like it a lot...

Cheap-n-easy...just like me... :)

They don't make them like they used to...and you don't want to know why...!

The plywood is an excellent idea...

A couple of 2x4s are always good for mud, sand, snow as well...for both supporting the ply-wood and for helping get some traction...

A small headed/short handled pick axe is great to have too...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I already own several High-Lift jacks. But a scissor jack is nice and small, and cheap or free. You probably already have one. We don't need to lift our machines very high to change a tire, and if you have a really droopy suspension, you can strap the axle to the frame to limit movement. And you can still use the same piece of plywood.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Still another great idea Beat! I used the jacks you speak of on many occasions back in my recap days. :aargh4:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm gonna go look for one, sand blast it, and powder coat it. Should look great. Thanks for the good idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts