Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All pictures were taken with a cell phone...

Early Sunday morning picture...

If you look at the center fence post you will see the rainbow i was trying to shoot with my phone...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
How was your sheave? Jbs right? I know how my Jbs works on trails, how bout sand?
I was just out there in Glamis last weekend on our forum group ride / trip and my buddy Dan (dbestduner) was out there in his stock rhino with a JBS sheeve and that thing sure has some bottom end power. He let me drive it around while mine was down and tell you what - I am a believer! Guess who might be getting one for there 686! :fingersx:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice shots man! I was wondering how your trip went and what you thought about your paddles, PSI, etc....
Trip sucked the first night (Thursday) hit a bad witches eye and blew the stock rack and p. apart about 5 miles from camp. We walked all the way back to camp that night and left the rhino there until the next morning so I could get the parts to get it fixed.
But that didn't mess up the whole weekend, I p[picked up the parts in the am and found the rhino with no problem... Put the new rack in and had a killar weekend!
The dunes were kind of wet all weekend so we had plenty of traction! Even beat a stock RZR up Olds in 2 wheel drive with myself and my gf and my 3yr old in the rhino! And I haven't even installed my new JBS hot rod yet... Going to install the new Sheave tonight!
Overall we had a great time and I'm looking forward to going back! My new paddles are awesome! Skat 7 paddles kick ass! for my ride! I always climbed olds in 4wd never thought tires would make this much of a difference on a rhino but they do! And I still can drift like I used to with stock tires...! We shot some video which I will post up later...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice shots man! I was wondering how your trip went and what you thought about your paddles, PSI, etc....
Trip sucked the first night (Thursday) hit a bad witches eye and blew the stock rack and p. apart about 5 miles from camp. We walked all the way back to camp that night and left the rhino there until the next morning so I could get the parts to get it fixed.
But that didn't mess up the whole weekend, I p[picked up the parts in the am and found the rhino with no problem... Put the new rack in and had a killar weekend!
The dunes were kind of wet all weekend so we had plenty of traction! Even beat a stock RZR up Olds in 2 wheel drive with myself and my gf and my 3yr old in the rhino! And I haven't even installed my new JBS hot rod yet... Going to install the new Sheave tonight!
Overall we had a great time and I'm looking forward to going back! My new paddles are awesome! Skat 7 paddles kick ass! for my ride! I always climbed olds in 4wd never thought tires would make this much of a difference on a rhino but they do! And I still can drift like I used to with stock tires...! We shot some video which I will post up later...
Wow - that sucks about the witches eyes taking you out early in the trip - but glad to hear you were able to fix it.
I could only imagine the face on the RZR's drive you beat up olds! LMMFAO!
Yeah man - paddles are the only way to roll in the sand IMO. What PSI did you run?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How was your sheave? Jbs right? I know how my Jbs works on trails, how bout sand?
I didn't get enough time to install it yet, since I got it on Thursday afternoon and was leaving that night.
But my paddles made a night and day difference!
This was also my first trip with my new (to me) Tuned Res Shocks! Suspension by Jake 909/212-3121 did an awesome job with getting these to work with my 4 seat w/bed delete cage without having to change springs! I never bottomed out and I only had to slow down the rebound a half click to keep the rear from hopping! I was able to hold the hammer down a lot longer then I used to on my way to olds with my whole family in the rhino!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just out there in Glamis last weekend on our forum group ride / trip and my buddy Dan (dbestduner) was out there in his stock rhino with a JBS sheeve and that thing sure has some bottom end power. He let me drive it around while mine was down and tell you what - I am a believer! Guess who might be getting one for there 686! :fingersx:
I like hearing that! Can't wait for the next trip in two weeks!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sounds like a blast! So did you run mostly in 4WD or 2WD, the sand looks pretty packed.
What psi did you end up with in the paddles?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice! My next planned trip is MLK WKD! Cant wait! :banana:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow - that sucks about the witches eyes taking you out early in the trip - but glad to hear you were able to fix it.
Yeah man - paddles are the only way to roll in the sand IMO. What PSI did you run?
I ran 8 psi since the sand was wet. Even better as we passed him I pretended to row my arms as if we were rowing our rhino right by him...lol
The look on his face was classic since he laughed and thought it was funny, he later seen us at the Sand Drags and came over to see what mods we have done, he laughed when he seen that I was pretty much stock...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice! My next planned trip is MLK WKD! Cant wait! :banana:
Sweet! We have a plan for one weekend a month until the end of the season!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I ran 8 psi since the sand was wet. Even better as we passed him I pretended to row my arms as if we were rowing our rhino right by him...lol
The look on his face was classic since he laughed and thought it was funny, he later seen us at the Sand Drags and came over to see what mods we have done, he laughed when he seen that I was pretty much stock...
Hahaha nice! After losing to a stock, 4 seater rhino, I bet his ride is probably for sale as we speak! LOL

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hahaha nice! After losing to a stock, 4 seater rhino, I bet his ride is probably for sale as we speak! LOL
LOL this could be true!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts