Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a uni filter (the kind that removes the airbox). I have stock exhaust (I have a 1 year old and want to save his ears). I live in Lake Havasu which should be really close in elevation to Phoenix. What jetting should I run? I just put in a 50 and 160 and turned the a/f screw out two turns. Does that sound right? Also, I will be adding later a ported head and a stage II cam. How much will that change the jetting??

·
Registered
815 Posts
you need to talk to rutting rhino [craig] he knows his stuff on carbs and intakes,also will sell you the jets and whatever you need!!! great guy and has great prices!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
if it runs good with that jetting and your happy with it, your close.

I think your too rich tho. try 1 turn out with a 50 pilot, and a 155 main should be better.

when you build your motor you will need to test, crags method, to dial it in. you'll need an exhaust to match that intake tho.

get RuttingRhino's jet kit, fuel kit, and intake. they are solid products and I run them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got the jet kit in the mail and am now trying to dial it in. I don't have a a/f gauge so what's crags method?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
he will probly chime in and correct me, BUT here it is.

mark out 0-300'
start with 50 pilot and 1 turn out and 165 main.

step down your main one at a time until you find best time.

you will need to time it to the .00 sec and be as precise as possible.

then once you have the main dialed try a 45 with 2 turns and see how that is. keep stock needle, stock washers.

i have been trying to dial mine in but with this weird hot weather and humidity it will change to ridin season. so I got mine good, but will try it again in the winter.

cold weather makes air more dense so it makes it leans your jetting.

higher elevation makes it richer.

once you have it close it will be easy. mine runs great from 2500 to 9k ft.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
yes that is exactly how I do it...have proven that method to work very well when comparing the results to dyno-tuning with a/f gauge and tuning by a/f gauge first then time testing...if your times are really good you are there...

it's not quite as quick and easy as with a a/f gauge but the procedure is the same and difference in results gets down to splitting hairs...

This is the jet kit they are talking

Yamaha Rhino 660 Jet Kit online at RuttingRhino.com

I also sell the 50 pilot jet alone for those who already have mainjets and or stock rhinos that need the pilot jet only...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts