Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to figure out my jetting. I have a Dynatek CDI & Coil with a Hardstyle intake on its way. My biggest problem is getting it setup so I can run it in my local mountains 5500-6000 ft. elevation with the occasional trip to glamis or pismo. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
How about some TPI valves to adjust airflow, that is if your not running open box? Or maybe try a dial-a-jet? These would help get the jetting right without having to rejet each time you go to a different elevation.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I already bought a stage 1 jet kit. I was thinking id jet it for about 3000-4000 ft. elevation because most of my riding is around 5000 or so elevation. I just want to make sure it wont hurt my engine running it in glamis occasionally.

It would run lean in glamis if jetted for higher elevations right?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im located in Lake Arrowhead California (same mtn. range as Big Bear) if you've heard of that. My house is about 5800ft.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good. We do a lot of rock-crawling in big bear. You can make it pretty fun taking the shittiest lines.

So any suggestion on jetting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.