Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a Jeffco reverse box. Unit was recently rebuilt and fully updated by Jeffco. Box has not been used since the update. I purchased it for my R1 Rhino, but it's not going to work because I cannot reposition engine. Jeffco sells refurbished units for $3,100. (Differential Chain drive with reverse | eBay). "Unit number" is in the pictures. You can call Shaun at Jeffco with that unit number and he can give you all the details about it. Reverse box comes with all the sprockets shown. Sprockets are for a 630 chain. Asking $2,800.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so whats the plan now??
Haha!

I was sooooooo bummed out when I figured out the engine had to be moved over to the left. I built way too many parts and invested way too much $$$ to have to redo it all. So I'm gonna go with the RPM box, but I'm gonna use pillow block bearings to support it as much as possible. Dan at RPM says I don't have to do that, but I'm gonna do it for piece of mind. Also, I'm going to mount a pulley on the RPM box and run an alternator.

Jimmy, I just finished my new radiator. I really like it. I'm gonna post a thread showing it. I let you know how it performs.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
so whats the plan now??
Haha!

I was sooooooo bummed out when I figured out the engine had to be moved over to the left. I built way too many parts and invested way too much $$$ to have to redo it all. So I'm gonna go with the RPM box, but I'm gonna use pillow block bearings to support it as much as possible. Dan at RPM says I don't have to do that, but I'm gonna do it for piece of mind. Also, I'm going to mount a pulley on the RPM box and run an alternator.

Jimmy, I just finished my new radiator. I really like it. I'm gonna post a thread showing it. I let you know how it performs.
Darkside's kit is the way to go if want to run a box. Everything fits centered and very nicely and makes it very easy.

I don't think you need an alternator. I run my 46" LED bar, LED Dualies, 10" Amber LED, Radio, Intercomm, HID headlights, guages, fan's and GPS and it never gets below 12.9 volts.

Also, I upgraded my lines to 1-1/4" lines. It got a little hot on Friday with the Civic radiator so Saturday morning I checked the level in the rad and it was a little low. Topped it off and bled the system again and never saw over 217 degrees. I think I still had an air pocket from when I bled it the first time. Even climbing Old's, the side of Old's and the dunes on the way to the drags it stayed nice and cool.I even did a few runs down the drags and pinned in the first 5 gears it never got over 190. I do want to see your radiator though so shoot over some pics.

I kind of agree with Dan on the Pillow block. If you have a good lower supprt and upper support's for the trans, I don't think you will have any issues.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The shifter is sweet and looks stock. Still debating if I need to make a lock out plate. I accidentally bumped the trans into neutral going down the drags Saturday night in Glamis.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey Trunknuts - Is the Jeffco still for sale?

As I recall, you were on my way home from work. I would like to take a look at it.
A while back, I pm'ed you my cell. Give me a call.

Jim

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Jim. I didnt get any hits for the reverse box so I decided to try and make it work. I'll let you know Iif I just can't make it work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.