Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use the padded soundbar out of a jeep TJ on their rhino? I can pick one up for cheap, but just wondered what I would need to do to mount it? Thanks all Chad

·
Registered
380 Posts
If I remember correctly on the Jeep it bolts to the side rails and then has a velcro flap that wraps around to cover the bracket on each end. I would imagine it is probably wider than the Rhino cage.

I built my own - similar concept using 6.5" marine speakers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The iPod connection is exposed right? Meaning, you have to provide your own weather-proof housing for your iPod?

Simple 2 wire hookup?

I'd be curious to hear the quality as I just installed a SSV Works sound bar that set me back $600!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is not sealed, I just ran the wire into the glove box and called it good though. I am possitive that the sound quality is not near as good as the system you installed, but I really needed to keep it cheap. Most of our riding is in the mountains and foothills at 15 mph or less, it honestly sounds compairable to the 6 speaker sound bar by VDP I had in my 06 with a regular pioneer deck. Good but not great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That looks EXACTLY like a VDP. Those are $389 anywhere else. How can they sell it for $159??? Did you have to also order separate mounting hardware? Did it really work out well for you?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly I agree it does look exactly like the VDP, they sent me two mounting brackets, I could have mounted it directly above, but the brackets didn't seem to fit exactly, but mounting them to the handles like I did it ended up working great. The SSV system is by far better, my buddy mounted one on his Commander and it is good stuff. But for what I was looking for (good volume, cheap, easy) this works great. Like most of the sound bars this one lacks bass, but I may just throw a sub under the back seat and an amp under the hood, like I did on my Teryx and have more bass than I need. Hope that helps, I think it is a good way to go for someone wanting to keep it on the cheaper side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks...I'm definitely looking to stay cheap, but I would like something that sounds good too. I'm just curious how they can sell them so cheap....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts