Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone with this top has ever had to replace marine cover on one. I broke mine and I know I have to pull whole stereo out to replace the cover. Just wondering how hard is it to get stereo out?

·
Registered
286 Posts
it just 6 screws in the cover if I remember right very easy

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
Been a few years since I put mine in, but it's real basic to do....I've had my cover off and on once after installing the top ...make sure you tell the wife it's quite involved and will prolly take the whole evening to get ya away from the evening Honey_do list ...

sent by my possessed Droid I

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
pretty simple as said.. I have replaced mine with a black one vs the white one that came with mine. picked up a new one on fleabay..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt think it would be to hard. I made sure I told the wife but she is pretty good and seeing through my B/S. Got it replaced in a couple of seconds, now I have to find something else on the rhino to play with so I look busy. Did you need an extra battery to be able to run lights and stereo? Probably going to work on that, they kill my battery if I run both at same time. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
I didnt think it would be to hard. I made sure I told the wife but she is pretty good and seeing through my B/S. Got it replaced in a couple of seconds, now I have to find something else on the rhino to play with so I look busy. Did you need an extra battery to be able to run lights and stereo? Probably going to work on that, they kill my battery if I run both at same time. Thanks for the help.
My wife boots my butt outta the house so I'm not under foot ...:cool:....just gotta know how to train them. (ya right, big talk!)

I don't have any problems with all lights plus stereo draining the battery, but I've also done an engine transplant ....the factory charging system is a lot higher wattage than the factory Rhino is....

On my bucket list is 2-10" Rigid e series LEDs in place of the 4 halogens ...

sent by my possessed Droid I

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
for what ever its worth I installed a second battery between the rails upfront in my 06 SE. I have a blue sea combiner / seperator inbetween my OEM battery and the aux bat. The Aux bat has a 6 fuse panel along with 2 separate lines with breakers that run to up to the Jstrong roof.
In the roof I power the stereo, back and side search lights and the other power line is dedicated to the front 4 lights. All of my lights on roof have been converted to Xentec HIDs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts