Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am running the 686 kit from trinity.. i have a blown headgasket. Turns out, they do an o-ring head gasket mod to it, but mine blew because the head bolts weren't hardly tight. It took nothing to get them loose. So i am doing an ARP head stud modification, and that will keep that top end together! It was blown before the turbo went on. So now i should be able to run all day long with no issues. Then we can turn up the boost a little, and see what it can really do!

It should be back together monday, with a new clutch too.. keep your fingers crossed.

G-

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Brian B said:
Good to hear!

You should plan on re-torquing your head bolts after the first heat cycle for sure!
actually maybe atfer the first couple times

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
next week in the evening.. want to run it around pretty good before the next trip to the dunes... nothings worse than having a toy that isnt working right in the dunes...

G

·
You'll see us racing up Olds for sure!

You should never need to retorque headstuds if they are done properly the first time. This goes for a 25hp motor or a 1650hp motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.