Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a set of Maxxis Bighorns. What are your all's suggestions on rims. I am trying to decide between spending a little extra $$ and getting the ITP rims or sticking with the factory rims? All input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I highly recommend the ITP C-7 12 x 7 with standard offset (5+2) on all four corners and wheel spacers in the rear only...

ATVoutfitters.net is a sponsor on this forum and always has everyday low prices on whee/tire packages with excellent customer service...

With stock rims you cannot get the ideal wheel center track spacing in the rear...

Use spacers in front with stock rims only...

Do not get reverse offset 2+5 rims for front...if you choose to get reverse offset on rear only instead of spacers that is fine...

Either way you get the best stability w/o loss of steering or adding too much stress to your steering/spindles in front...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Anyone have an idea about the weight of factory steele wheels as compared to anything after market... Being I run a 450 im trying to stay as light as possible when replacing both wheels and tires. ITP seems to have a light tire just didnt know about the wheel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
finally pulled the trigger and purchased some ITp wheels with Mud lites..
i put the 26x10x12 on the front and the 26x12x12 on the rear the only problem is the width difference from the front axles to the rear. What is needed for that the 1" or 2" spacers in the rear.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
i did the same thing at first, i rode my mudlites with factory steels,function over looks, but after a while i wanted the looks so i got itps,, so if your thinking about getting them cuz you want em, and if you got the $$$ at the time,, just get em

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was going to do the same thing but ended up getting a pretty good package deal by driving down to Miami. Totally stock to new wheels i went from 11" to 12 1/2". The rear wheels were 6lbs heavier and the fronts were about 9 1/2 lbs heavier.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yer runnin the same set up as me. And for spacers i have the yamaha recall spacers in the rear. And nuthin up front. But thinkin of get 1-2 in spacer. Due to the cfm lift decreaseing width. As it increases lift. Meh its all good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts