Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was pulled over,,,,well told to pulled over by a DPS officer today. The cop was a bit of an ass to me and proceeded to tell me everything that he could write me up for.

No Drivers license
No Insurance
Driving an unregistered vehicle
Seatbelts not visably worn (I had the lapbelt on the whole time)
No eyewear
Bla bla bla bla.

Well what got this ball rolling was that I went for a little cruise and didn't have any ID on me. That was the first thing he asked for. Then he went on his rampage. Well he told me to take it home and keep the speed down (was only going 32 anyhow). No tickets.

Well I just got my title yesterday from the previous owners bank and now have to meet up with him and get it notarized.

It is my intention to get it registered, now I was wondering who has theirs registered and how much is insurance running you?

Oh by the way, this is for Mr. Offroad, the DPS officer lives right off of Vista Ranch Road (2 blocks from my house), and has said he is on the look out for all ATV riders in our neighborhood. I can't wait to have this thing registered now!!!!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
That sucks, sounds like this guy has something against atv's on the road. At least he didnt give you a ticket thats always good, but yeah I knwo what you mean by being prepared for the next encounter with this guy.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Mine registered just fine. I have it insured full coverage and additonal accessories through Progressive.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
no worries ...i got pulled over for reckless driving out at sycamore by a sheriff. my rhino is driven everywhere around gilbert, to mesa, and even a trip to my grandma house on christmas.

i paid $700 a year for mine. my boss is something like $300 a year

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
wow, you are lucky you didnt get a ticket. :shock:

When I bought mine at the dealer they asked if I wanted it registered for street legal use and I told them 'heck ya!'

Anyways, my Rhino is completely compliant with the law, I have had police pull u-turns after I pass them but once they see that I have a lighted plate holder, rear-view mirrors they stop following.

I drive my Rhino to work frequently and have had no issues with the police. I know of that officer you are talking about, i see his car parked there all the time. When it isnt there I sometimes off-road in that vacant field behind his house.

My advice:

Get mirrors
Get a horn
Get lighted rear plate holder
Get insurance
then you dont have to sweat the police :wink:

Also, I have a REAL good insurance guy to refer you to, his office is here in Surprise, his name is Daniel Hiralez, (623) 322-5955. I have AIG Insurance (which is a top name out there) and full coverage off-road and on-road, plus if my Rhino is stolen they also cover the cost of the parts I added on. Oh, the best part is my coverage is only $210 a year.

If you check most insurance companies only have policies that cover off-road, no on-road coverage. So this is a great deal! Some people dont care and just want it insured, cops dont care either, they just want proof of insurance. I do care, if for some reason someone hits my Rhino on the street I want my insurance to be effective.

Hope this info helps

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr. Off-Road said:
wow, you are lucky you didnt get a ticket. :shock:

When I bought mine at the dealer they asked if I wanted it registered for street legal use and I told them 'heck ya!'

Anyways, my Rhino is completely compliant with the law, I have had police pull u-turns after I pass them but once they see that I have a lighted plate holder, rear-view mirrors they stop following.

I drive my Rhino to work frequently and have had no issues with the police. I know of that officer you are talking about, i see his car parked there all the time. When it isnt there I sometimes off-road in that vacant field behind his house.

My advice:

Get mirrors
Get a horn
Get lighted rear plate holder
Get insurance
then you dont have to sweat the police :wink:

Also, I have a REAL good insurance guy to refer you to, his office is here in Surprise, his name is Daniel Hiralez, (623) 322-5955. I have AIG Insurance (which is a top name out there) and full coverage off-road and on-road, plus if my Rhino is stolen they also cover the cost of the parts I added on. Oh, the best part is my coverage is only $210 a year.

If you check most insurance companies only have policies that cover off-road, no on-road coverage. So this is a great deal! Some people dont care and just want it insured, cops dont care either, they just want proof of insurance. I do care, if for some reason someone hits my Rhino on the street I want my insurance to be effective.

Hope this info helps
Thank you for the referral of the insurance guy.

I have everything, horn, mirror, belts, need to add a reverse light though and plate holder with light.

I can't wait to get this done and have a sh*t eating grin on my face when he pulls me over on his way to work or coming home from his shift!!!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
rockskullz said:
damn it this thread makes me hate California even more.
Dude, I totally know how you feel. I finally had it with all the traffic, smog, my shack of a house and all the off-road hate from the politicians (feinstein and boxer) and moved out in 2003.

I love AZ and I am never going back to CA. All my family & friends live in CA still and they arent happy that we moved away.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Michael your insurance guy is going to say WTF!!!!!, with all these phone calls!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have full coverage thru A-1 ins 602-242-0100 "progressive ins" @ $150.00 yr full coverage. I think it was $25,000 The ins guy knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So how do you guys go about tagging these things? Do you just go to the tag dept and proceed just has if it is a car? Do you tell them that it is a off road ride? I just want get this straight before I go and try to tag it and raise all kinds of red flags.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
the dealer did mine for me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts