Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Rhino 660. Drivers front wheel. Just replaced knuckle, bearings, seals, upper & lower ball joints. Still have a little play at 12 & 6 and have this noise. CV joint / axle going bad??? I'm concerned with the popping sound heard at every revolution. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
sounds like cv joint, the front axle on that side rotates the pumpkin and will have resistance but the clank sounds like broke cage in a cv to me...also if you just replaced the bearings and there is still play in them my question is did u use chinese parts or oem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the bearings went in really tight, no loose condition. That's why I replaced the old spindle. The old bearings moved around in the old spindle. It was an OEM spindle. Thank again. Any recommendation on axles? OEM or ?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3A5jHIX-TA i was told on the drivers side that it was normal when i asked the question when i first got my rhino. its in the diff. i posted this before for u but its not showing up on tapatalk thats why im posting the same thing again. thers plenty of discussions about it if u do a google search for yamaha rhino grinding noise on drivers side. the vid i posted is of mine.

I dont always put a signature, but when I do it goes here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
olmoggy. Thanks for the reply. It's not the grinding noise that concerns me; it's the clunking / popping sound at every revolution. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
ok man i thought it sounded just like mine. let us know what ya find out. ok i just went back and listened to your vid i hear it now . dident hear that before

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was told on the drivers side that it was normal when i asked the question when i first got my rhino. its in the diff. i posted this before for u but its not showing up on tapatalk thats why im posting the same thing again. thers plenty of discussions about it if u do a google search for yamaha rhino grinding noise on drivers side. the vid i posted is of mine.

I have this same issue. Been trying to search for it and came across this post. So this is a normal noise?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts