Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
One possible cause: there is a pair (one for each wire) connector just upstream from the coil it could get crudded up and loose continuity. some guys just delete connectors, splice and seal the wires .

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a 700fi,, no fire to the plug,and the coil checked good,, engine turns over good but no fire... can you help,, thanks "Diveman"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a 660 rhino and after half an hour of running it just stops..... leave it for about 5 min and starts just fine..... could someone give me some advices????
It's driving me insane :)
Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have a 700fi,, no fire to the plug,and the coil checked good,, engine turns over good but no fire... can you help,, thanks "Diveman"
When you checked coil, I'm guessing you mean resistance. Check for pwr on the 1 wire when key on or cranking. The other wire goes to cdi box, controls coil. If you have pwr there, then you need to look at timing sensor, wiring to cdi, or cdi itself. Timing sensor is mounted in with stator. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
have you checked the secondary. i had a similar issue, the coil was good, but the plug wire must have broke at the coil. also un thread the cap from the end of the wire and check it for continuity.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got a 660 rhino and after half an hour of running it just stops..... leave it for about 5 min and starts just fine..... could someone give me some advices????
It's driving me insane :)
Thanks
need more info.... does it shut down like with the key or spits and sputters ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
check your complete fuel system lines,fuel fiter etc.. dont assume it is fine.do a visual on the lines to make sure no pinch,kink lines that would restrict fuel at full throttle

·
Registered
6 Posts
This weekend i intend to change the oil and filter and i will do that..... My first guess was the fuel filter and change it but the problem is still

1 - 12 of 12 Posts