Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a pic of the Yamaha factory doors installed?
I just picked up a set to install, but they are missing the small piece of metal that they latch to. I need to see this piece so I can make a couple.
I want some aftermarket doors but don't have the coin for that right now.
I am really only putting them on for my daughters protection.

When drilling out the holes, do you just drill out the rivets for the floor on the cage?
I have seen a couple installed by the stealerships, and was suprised to see the massive hole they put in the side panel. Is that hole really necessary?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I took mine to the dealer and had them install them as well as the grab handle for the passenger. I like them better than the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can still get it done for free at the dealer if your interested.
I took mine to the dealer and had them install them as well as the grab handle for the passenger. I like them better than the aftermarket ones.
I was going to have the dealer do it, but after seeing a couple done, I decided I didn't want the stealership doing a hack job on my ride!

Thanks nvs2none, Pics would be awsome, if you could??

·
Registered
466 Posts
I put mine on without the massive holes. I can post pics tomorrow. And yes, You drill the rivets for the two through bolts on the front of the hinge.
how do you like the doors, do they rattle and is there enough room for someone 6'4 i have a bar across the bottom to keep me from putting my leg out but i notice when i ride my knee sticks out and i think the door would cramp that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i am also 6'4 and weigh 300 pounds. the doors dont bother me at all. only thing i have against them is when they get real muddy they are hard to get closed.

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
It only requires two holes drilled thru the lower cage support bars and attaching the strike plate, requires some plastic cutting.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Go to the dealer and you may get a set of 2" rear spacers free as they were a part of the recall also. You can get the striker plates on ebay if you go that DIY route.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts