Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys/Girls, I think I will have my +3 MTS suspension for this weekend. Any input on the change over I need to know?

I've never pulled off an axle so maybe that is the only issue I'm not sure of.

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Gloves, get some latex gloves cause it's a messy job. There is a article on doing the cv joints,I'll see if I can find it for you. that's the hardest part of the install.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
doing the cv's is the hardest part. we include very detailed instructions. To yank out the stockers, they are pretty easy. You just give them a couple quick pulls right on the axle. You will need a vice to help you dissasemble the outer cv's You have to clamp the axle, and use a deadblow hammer, or a brass mallet, to pop them off. You will need a pair of external snap ring pliers too. When removing your stock cv boot straps, try to save them, and use them on the install. The ones we include are kind of a pain to work with. We are currently look for different ones, but with out having to purchase a special tool, they are hard to find.

All the tools you need are listed at the top of the first page of instructions. There is a seperate instruction for the axles, that are inlcuded. I have done a bunch of them, and they aren't that bad.

G-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts