Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my '04 660 sat for longer than a few days between start-ups, I'd have to crank on it forever until it started. I read on here about people installing primer bulbs so I though I'd try it out. Works nicely. I can reach behind the passenger seat wihtout removing it to pump it up. Anyhoos, thought i'd post a pic in case anybody needed a visual...I know it helps me.
From tank to primer bulb to fuel filter...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Great and simple idea. I opted to swap out my black fuel lines for clear in order to check the status of fuel delivery while cranking. Where did you find your primer bulb....probably a marine supply shop or the like I suppose?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i need 5/16 clear fuel line ? just wondering what size i need to go clear .
I would "assume" you would use 5/16" for the clear fuel line. You may not "need" the clear line...you can feel the bulb get firm once the line is primed. What the heck, give it a shot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
yes it is 5/16. if you ask for clear fuel line. then they should give you the correct line. I think it has ether in it to keep it flexable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used the existing line that went from the tank to the fuel filter to go from bulb to fuel filter. I purchased another 2 feet to go from tank to bulb. You want to make sure you don't have any kinks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just keep an eye on the bulb. I know ones on boats tend to rot out every other year or so...but I think the main reason that happens is due to the fact they are exposed to long periods of sunlight. Not sure if the ethanol in the fuel plays into how long they last.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Ok cool ,

so clear 5/16 fuel line it is,

how many feet did u guys get or use?

10' ?

5'?

5' of fuel line should be more than enough to plumb everything and have some left over for the toolbox.

awesome thanks man

Just keep an eye on the bulb. I know ones on boats tend to rot out every other year or so...but I think the main reason that happens is due to the fact they are exposed to long periods of sunlight. Not sure if the ethanol in the fuel plays into how long they last.

good thinking

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
well damn non of my napa's had clear fuel line

ace hardware had clear line not fuel rated,

then a small motor shop down the road had clear yellow fuel line but it was 5/16 OD , is that what i need? i need 5/16 id , right

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks like I am going to be doing this mod this week. My Rhino sat for a while and I nearly drained the battery earlier trying to get it started. Seems like my fuel system is losing its prime...gonna have to check into that.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hey guys what about putting a 12v fuel pump in the line ? is it possible to overload the fuel system with a 12v pump? or would it be good to have one that you could press a prime button on the dash ? then there is no bulb rotting issue.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts