Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a chance to take a ride yet but it seems everything is working properly. Big thanks to James for all the help. I actually got the wrong sliders but James fixed me up right. The install took about an hour wasn't bad at all. Just have to see if she works tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I installed my Hot Rod sheave yesterday and am very happy and it made a big improvement on my 4 seater.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hoping so man

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe they were 14s don't know exact science of how it all works but he said they would work best

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Benzo how do you like the rutting fuel kit

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
301 Posts
What color spring do you like

I run greaseless 14g, etc and it works great but made a mistake for my liking and changed to an Orange Secondary spring. It took my RPMS up about a 1000 for most of the speeds when I dune. Going back to stock for next outing to Glamis. No sense to twist the engine in the 6 - 7000 range all the time.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I run greaseless 14g, etc and it works great but made a mistake for my liking and changed to an Orange Secondary spring. It took my RPMS up about a 1000 for most of the speeds when I dune. Going back to stock for next outing to Glamis. No sense to twist the engine in the 6 - 7000 range all the time.
with your motor you might better off with 16's and an orange.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion but now I want you to share some knowledge with me that I don't have. Will the Heavier weights make the Orange spring spread the pulley and shift it higher? Will the heavier weights engage everything at a lower RPM. Right now if I floor it from a dead stop it hits 7400 RPM and then starts working it way down to 7000 RPM at 52 MPH in the sand. I run 26" Blasters. On the street it shifts and hits 58 MPH or more. All your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can someone explain briefly how the weights and the spring work in conjuction. I know I sound like a dummy but I would like to know.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
the spring controls backshift. when driving then hitting a hill it will backshift faster with orange spring.

the weights control what RPM the sheave shifts out. heavier weights mean lower rpm when it shifts out.

so if you go 16 and orange you might be about the same, but the orange spring will give you better back shifting and acceleration

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks man I have to get my motor mounts in and giver her hell.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I would stick with the 14s and install the orange spring if I were you...!

Lift kit...27" tires...deep water and swamp mud...

I sent you the right stuff for what you have and do... :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would stick with the 14s and install the orange spring if I were you...!

Lift kit...27" tires...deep water and swamp mud...

I sent you the right stuff for what you have and do... :)

I knew you did man and I appreciate it I think I will be ordering a fuel system upgrade soon

1 - 20 of 35 Posts