Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
After going through a few vacuum pumps, in a pinch I bought a cheap Napa electric pump. Ran it straight from the tank to the carb, no return line or goofy weird loopy business. Put a cheap Mr Gasket fuel pressure regulator in the line set to the lowest setting (I think 1psi). All it needs to do is keep the bowl filled, no pressure required, so turning it way down prevents problems. Worked fine for years.

If your float bowl is over filling, then the needle and seat is not doing it's job, plain and simple. That is its only job and it's the only thing to prevent it. Either there is something wrong with it, or it's getting too much pressure it can't withstand. Most float valves are fine until at least 6-7 PSI.

To answer your question is it lack of fuel or flooding, theory says it's likely too much fuel. It starts fine cold because it wants excess fuel (like a choke provides), but when hot it's too much.

Reactions: RHINO RAT

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok so I put a 1 psi regulator on today and it did visibly reduce the fuel pressure.
Rhino starts great cold and runs great.
Drive it for a while and Shut it off and it will start right back up with ease. But if I let it set for 5-10 minutes and try to start it won’t fire unless I pull choke and slowly open it and then it tries firing once choke is almost all the way open so I give it gas and it starts but acts like it is flooded and spits and sputters until I clean it out then runs fine.
I’m still getting the fuel pump sounding really loud when engined hot like it’s pumping air until the fuel reaches carb and then it quiets down like it normally is when engines cool. This noise tells me vapor lock which if it is vapor locked how is it flooded and won’t start as soon as I hit the key???? It makes no sense to me,
Any other thoughts or ideas????
I’ve not tried to re-setup the return line.
This thing is driving me crazy!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts