I can definitely tell you one or both of us would not be
here today had we not had them.[/img]

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
harnesses are a must.. and make sure you BUCKLE them too.. heard some stuff about a girl who rolled her rhino and wasnt wearing her harness and broke her leg and arm.. it takes 20 seconds to buckle people.. dont be stupid!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That was one of the first things I upgraded in my Rhino, suspension seats and 4 point harnesses.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Chandler said:
Hopefully you didn't break your beer hand. :D

Spilt beer is a very bad thing. But driving with beer even worse...

I am going to move my mirror inside tonight. Never thought about it. Got the belts though.

I would also recommend half doors or full doors too. Instinct will say to throw your leg out if you roll over... at least mine does.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Crwcompact said:
I would also recommend half doors or full doors too. Instinct will say to throw your leg out if you roll over... at least mine does.
Before the first time I went to the dunes with the Rhino, I made sure to have leg minders installed...just in case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The first time I drove my Rhino was with stock seats and belts. I did not feel safe at all. I put the cage seats and belts in and felt better. The leg minders made a huge difference in comfort. One of the worst things I here is of people who get hurt in their Rhinos that arent even wearing the belts they have. I know that I can still get hurt if I wear the belts, but I definately will get hurt if I dont. I was talking with the nice lady at RUV and she said they always get people buying rears seats with the stock cage. The responce is always the same, "Im just going to cruise around camp with it." But it only takes one small ACCIDENT and someone gets killed. Then they sue Yamaha. But I dont really have an opinion about this one.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
osoone said:
The first time I drove my Rhino was with stock seats and belts. I did not feel safe at all. I put the cage seats and belts in and felt better. The leg minders made a huge difference in comfort. One of the worst things I here is of people who get hurt in their Rhinos that arent even wearing the belts they have. I know that I can still get hurt if I wear the belts, but I definately will get hurt if I dont. I was talking with the nice lady at RUV and she said they always get people buying rears seats with the stock cage. The responce is always the same, "Im just going to cruise around camp with it." But it only takes one small ACCIDENT and someone gets killed. Then they sue Yamaha. But I dont really have an opinion about this one.
You don't hear of too many people getting hurt that where their seat belts and wear them correctly (whether its the stock belts or 4/5 points).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw numerous rolls at the Elsinore race and even put mine on its side.There were no injuries due to proper safety equipment. Legminders or doors and harnesses are a requirement.Safety nets are also required but not practical in the dunes or around camp. I previously rolled it in Gorman with the stock belts and can say the 4 points worked alot better.I thought they were a waste of money before but needed them to race. They cost me $240 for a pair of Simpson 5 points that are made for the rhino.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
southbayrhino22 said:
I thought they were a waste of money before but needed them to race. They cost me $240 for a pair of Simpson 5 points that are made for the rhino.
That's cheap compared to a medical bill! :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fergie80 said:
southbayrhino22 said:
I thought they were a waste of money before but needed them to race. They cost me $240 for a pair of Simpson 5 points that are made for the rhino.
That's cheap compared to a medical bill! :D

Thats the Ironic part. Harnesses are one of the cheapest
mods you can do .You might not go faster but they'll save
your life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts