Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i was to sell my Rhino should i part it out till its back to stock then sell it or sell it as a whole? just lookin for opinions here. sadly if i sell i wont be getting another side by side :15: ..... i find people dont seem to like the Rhino. The cops dont like it either... and its not just normal hate. its like im unable to even start it up anymore without getting a complaint. (it was the same way with stock exhaust). and so its doing me no good whatsoever and theres only one place nearby to ride and it sucks. costs $10 to ride and is just huge rocks. so anyway i may just sell it and buy a truck. whats the best way to go about selling it? and what might it sell for?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
sorry to hear about that.

My wife is trying to convince me to move to NC, however if it sucks that bad, it may be a cold day in hell.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Unless you have a long travel kit, a really nice set of tires/wheels, empyre body or name brand shocks nothing on your Rhino is worth the time, money or effort to sell, swap, trade, put back on or whatever. Having to deal with flaky people to make a few bucks off old used parts isn't worth it, then have to turn around and install an old part back onto your Rhino to put it back to stock to sell it is a waste of time. Sell the whole damn thing with a bed full of spare parts that way you don't have to keep looking at the stuff.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
over cali man its great and its a great place its just im in a terrible area for riding. go either further in the mountains or towards the coast. and aight ill sell it as a whole. im gonna take my sis up to the boulder ride so she can see what its like and then im gonna trailer the 3 hrs for a weekend then sell it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
OK, well riding it what I do about 18 times per year, so if the state doesn't offer - I'm going to have to pass.
I realize that not many places have the riding area we have in the west, but I need to know there is something within a few hours or its not going to happen.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thats what im saying. i live in the worst spot. if you were any closer to the coast there are i think 6 different places and if closer to the mountains there are another 5 i think. a could are huge. one is in Goldsboro and its 2700 acres. its CAW if you want to look it up

·
Registered
252 Posts
Move to a different state that is atv friendly LOL. Seriously, trying to sell an atv of any type that has aftermarket parts, really doesn't sell too well, the sellers usually try and price the vehicle to the point where it would be more feasible to the potential buyer to just buy a brand new machine than buy a used machine with tens of thousands of dollars of mods. Unless you find the right buyer...which at this point in time given the economy there aren't very many out there.

I'd sell the accessories you have bought, then sell the unit on its own, you may find yourself in a better position that way.

Where I live its quite normal to see people driving on the roads on an ATV or their UTV. Nobody really pays attention to it, and neither do the law enforcement officers unless the machine doesn't have the license plates on it, then they kind of frown on it. I had my Rhino licensed to operate on public roads just not the highways....understandable because the Rhino in stock form struggles to hit 45mph empty. However I could take a couple side roads to get into town, and never had a problem. Its a lot more frequent now to see ATV riders in town, I guess I started it LOL. Actually for many people here its pretty convenient to just jump on the ATV or into their UTV and run to the grocery store, lunch, etc. Makes complete sense. Considering motorcyclists have done the same for decades, why should it be any different for someone on an ATV or in a UTV. Then add to that the fact that these new "Smart" cars and other mini-cars out now are smaller than a lot of the UTVs on the road, there's no reason why an ATV or UTV should be treated any different. Course then the towns try and state that ATV's and UTV's aren't crash tested. Well neither are motor cycles, what difference does it make? Ride a motorcycle, atv, or utv, same thing, they all used to be registered the same actually. For a couple years my Yamaha Grizzly 450 just had a motorcycle license plate on it. Then they came out with the restricted plates allowing operation on public roadways with the exception of highways.

Anyhow end of rant. Like I said you would be better off selling off all of your accessories and gadgets you added, then selling the machine separate. The initial price you would have to put on the machine with all the accessories will scare most people away plus those accessories don't really add to the value of the machine so it would be more beneficial to remove them.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only accessories i have now are a windshield and a soft top. all else is performance mods. and cops dont care but people around here claim the side of the road as theirs and call the cops. you cant get em licensed here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts