Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Coincidentally, this weekend in TN I experienced exactly the same issue (mine is a 2012 also). So I just got home this afternoon (Florida) and as yet have not checked it out but I suspect, at least in my case, that the idle air by-pass control needs a little Chemtool (carb cleaner) treatment. My symptom is not constant but happens enough to be annoying - I have to turn the engine off to get it out of gear. So tomorrow, or sometime soon, I'll remove the engine cover and throttle body air intake hose and spray some Berryman Chemtool B12 (the best for over a 100 years and available at many auto parts stores) to see if that corrects the issue. Chemtool also comes in liquid form that you can pour directly into the tank but clean the throttle body out first. When I get mine done I'll post the procedure and the results - hopefully should be a quick fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coincidentally, this weekend in TN I experienced exactly the same issue (mine is a 2012 also). So I just got home this afternoon (Florida) and as yet have not checked it out but I suspect, at least in my case, that the idle air by-pass control needs a little Chemtool (carb cleaner) treatment. My symptom is not constant but happens enough to be annoying - I have to turn the engine off to get it out of gear. So tomorrow, or sometime soon, I'll remove the engine cover and throttle body air intake hose and spray some Berryman Chemtool B12 (the best for over a 100 years and available at many auto parts stores) to see if that corrects the issue. Chemtool also comes in liquid form that you can pour directly into the tank but clean the throttle body out first. When I get mine done I'll post the procedure and the results - hopefully should be a quick fix.

[/URL]
Thank you I'll give it a

1 - 3 of 3 Posts