Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they only sell the new machines sheave now. Anyone know where I could still get some for a 660 RHINO? Greaseless Overdrive weights.

They had them on their website this morning and when I inquired, they told me to get the new sheave which is 3 times the price.

Was there a problem with the overdrive greaseless rollers?

thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check with James at jbs.

·
Banned
833 Posts
No problems at all ... great products! We have put 3500 miles on a set & they still look & work great. We do have 660 greaseless OD's & sliders in stock, $85 shipped in the US. If you wanted to add extra bottom we can mill your sheave for $100.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind the bottom end. I am not a bogger, or racer, just looking to get a bit more speed without having to open the engine and get a big bore in it. It's being rebuilt stock now.

How much to ship in Canada?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
No problems at all ... great products! We have put 3500 miles on a set & they still look & work great. We do have 660 greaseless OD's & sliders in stock, $85 shipped in the US. If you wanted to add extra bottom we can mill your sheave for $100.
so the milled sheave will work with the OD weights? is that a better setup to run than the shaved weights fix that is out there. i was going to shave mine down when i get in there and change my wet clutch.
im a mudder so i like the bottom end, i dont need to run 50+ mph

·
Banned
833 Posts
so the milled sheave will work with the OD weights? is that a better setup to run than the shaved weights fix that is out there. i was going to shave mine down when i get in there and change my wet clutch.
it only works with ODs,shaving gives you very little bottom and weakens the ODs.. milling the sheave gives you a 100 times more than shaving them

·
Registered
985 Posts
Give them a call. You will not be disappointed. I did and I'm not. Very Happy with new sheave.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
guys in the 660 is it worth adding the purple or orange spring or leaving the stocker in i have the jbs sheave already.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
db will alot of top end go away with the orange? versus purple and stock

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
isnt the purple softer than the orange? its a utv inc purple.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
no the purple is stiffer. go with an EPI orange from James at JBS. iv seen the purple put too much pressure on the secondary and shred the belt.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
i guess i have the purple white on shelf from utv inc supposedly between blue and orange. i thought i had the epi purple like your thinking

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
it only works with ODs,shaving gives you very little bottom and weakens the ODs.. milling the sheave gives you a 100 times more than shaving them
well that sounds like a winner then. i should send you mine to be milled, then buy the new housing and parts from you so it can all come back in one package.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts