Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they only sell the new machines sheave now. Anyone know where I could still get some for a 660 RHINO? Greaseless Overdrive weights.

They had them on their website this morning and when I inquired, they told me to get the new sheave which is 3 times the price.

Was there a problem with the overdrive greaseless rollers?

thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check with James at jbs.

·
Banned
833 Posts
No problems at all ... great products! We have put 3500 miles on a set & they still look & work great. We do have 660 greaseless OD's & sliders in stock, $85 shipped in the US. If you wanted to add extra bottom we can mill your sheave for $100.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mind the bottom end. I am not a bogger, or racer, just looking to get a bit more speed without having to open the engine and get a big bore in it. It's being rebuilt stock now.

How much to ship in Canada?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
No problems at all ... great products! We have put 3500 miles on a set & they still look & work great. We do have 660 greaseless OD's & sliders in stock, $85 shipped in the US. If you wanted to add extra bottom we can mill your sheave for $100.
so the milled sheave will work with the OD weights? is that a better setup to run than the shaved weights fix that is out there. i was going to shave mine down when i get in there and change my wet clutch.
im a mudder so i like the bottom end, i dont need to run 50+ mph

·
Banned
833 Posts
so the milled sheave will work with the OD weights? is that a better setup to run than the shaved weights fix that is out there. i was going to shave mine down when i get in there and change my wet clutch.
it only works with ODs,shaving gives you very little bottom and weakens the ODs.. milling the sheave gives you a 100 times more than shaving them

·
Registered
985 Posts
Give them a call. You will not be disappointed. I did and I'm not. Very Happy with new sheave.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
guys in the 660 is it worth adding the purple or orange spring or leaving the stocker in i have the jbs sheave already.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
db will alot of top end go away with the orange? versus purple and stock

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
isnt the purple softer than the orange? its a utv inc purple.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
i guess i have the purple white on shelf from utv inc supposedly between blue and orange. i thought i had the epi purple like your thinking

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
it only works with ODs,shaving gives you very little bottom and weakens the ODs.. milling the sheave gives you a 100 times more than shaving them
well that sounds like a winner then. i should send you mine to be milled, then buy the new housing and parts from you so it can all come back in one package.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts