Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. New to the forums and have a few a questions about upgrading my carb. The stock carb on my 07 660 has had it. Rather than buy a new factory carb I have been looking into the Hsr 42 and 45 carburetors. I have found a used but running HSR42 pretty cheap and was wondering what else I need to hook everything up. Thank you

·
Registered
580 Posts
Welcome-is your engine mostly stock? If so , a replacement stocker with a few tricks done to it (in my opinion)works pretty good without the hassles of fitting a HSR 42 and jetting it! 45 HSR -way to go If your going to Step it up ,compression, sheave ,cdi , upgraded exhaust ,cam,hi flow air filter etc-that’s where that carb will work nicely ..but you’ll need a aftermarket throttle cable cause the OEM cable won’t work..well unless you make and weld a custom adapter. There is a small HSR tune/part manual you can down load -super helpful if you do install one....HSR carb rocks on the right application-Got Hsr 48s on both my rhinos, great carb!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome-is your engine mostly stock? If so , a replacement stocker with a few tricks done to it (in my opinion)works pretty good without the hassles of fitting a HSR 42 and jetting it! 45 HSR -way to go If your going to Step it up ,compression, sheave ,cdi , upgraded exhaust ,cam,hi flow air filter etc-that’s where that carb will work nicely ..but you’ll need a aftermarket throttle cable cause the OEM cable won’t work..well unless you make and weld a custom adapter. There is a small HSR tune/part manual you can down load -super helpful if you do install one....HSR carb rocks on the right application-Got Hsr 48s on both my rhinos, great carb!!!
I have an exhaust, high flow filter and cdi. Wasnt planning on bumping compression up any but have been thinking about a cam. If I put a HSR in do I just need the throttle cable then? And obviously getting it jetted properly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts