Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have been doing a little bit of research on my 09 700 rhino and was wondering if there is any way of wiring in a toggle switch or variable rheostat to be able to adjust my idle speed thru the isc, does any one on here have any experience or tried to do this, is the isc a 1 setting type sytem either on or off or does it have multiple step positions like the iac system on a a car's fuel injection, i would like to just use some form of switch rather then the old fashined hand throttle like on old trucks but thats just me thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it would be handy to keep the charging system working more efficient when i am pulling in the winch cable after using it and when i am running my rear work lights when i am working at night, also i use this rhino for grass fire season with my local fire dept with the special grass fire skid i built for it , i have noticed an improvement with just giving it a little throttle that the onboard voltmeter doesnt drop as much as if it was just idling thats why

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Joe is correct, a controlled air leak would be much easier.
The Rhino has a 6 wire unipolar stepper motor for an idle control valve. A simple switch won't help you control it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Joe I will work on that this weekend. I'll fab up a solenoid and a small valve cover filter on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.