Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Do you have a cheap head?

I have always been of the opinion that when riding off road vehicles you must protect the single most important decision-making part of your body and that’s your head. However I have noticed that in the passing years many people choose to buy the cheapest ATV helmet they can find all the while not knowing if it would even protect them in a crash. To make matters worse people will by their children even cheaper head protection. This short read will hopefully help you make the right decision when choosing a helmet.

Let’s take a brief glance into the many certifications that can be found on the legitimate helmets at your local dealer. We have all seen the DOT, SNELL and ECE stamps usually tucked down at the bottom of the backside of your helmet, but we want you to understand what each one means.

Check out the article here: How To Choose the Right ATV Helmet - ATV.com

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great informative read....thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
The wife and i protect our mollons offroad and on the streets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
$50 is one heck of a deal

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
My wife and I recently switched to full face helmets. Much nicer when driving the rhino in winter. No goggles, warmer, better field of vision and our helmet comms fit great. I use a custom ordered Icon with irridium lens. Matt black with ghost skulls and barbed wire. Great helmet and xlnt quality with top rated safety.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My wife and I recently switched to full face helmets. Much nicer when driving the rhino in winter. No goggles, warmer, better field of vision and our helmet comms fit great. I use a custom ordered Icon with irridium lens. Matt black with ghost skulls and barbed wire. Great helmet and xlnt quality with top rated safety.
Do you have a picture of one of your helmets ?

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
If u google duel sport helmets u find some cool ones u can allways order different color lens. Here is my duel sport bell helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Brian

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
Do you have a picture of one of your helmets ?
Yes, I'll get Diana to post one.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah86/zzstrabo/Mobile%20Uploads/59B9CE1D-010A-4371-A516-49B6300E5204_zps0awfxmn0.jpg

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah86/zzstrabo/Mobile%20Uploads/CE01E3DC-C4AA-4C89-90FC-A69A2AE45A2F_zpsloaswxqw.jpg

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you

·
Registered
462 Posts
seems like you can find deals, i like full face snowmobile helmets, they dont fog, most of the better ones have screens you can easily change, if you want clear or smoked, close out last year stuff was half price, at a yamaha dealer the last time i went. i think before that it was dennis kirk same deal, half off close outs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts