Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on coating my bed, engine cover (upper and lower), and diamond plate floor mats in Spectrum then putting some Damplifier on the bed and engine cover. How many square feet of the Damplifier do I need to purchase? I comes in 10, 20, and 40 square feet sizes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HALP PLZ

·
Registered
433 Posts
I recently did the upper engine cover and front part of the bed in Dynamat Extreme. I used a big part of the bulk pack, which is 36 square feet. I didn't use the whole pack but a lot of it. In my opinion, you need to also add some kind of sound deadening mat on top of the Dynamat (kinda like the OEM stuff that's stuck under the cowl). The mat is what really absorbs the noise. The Dynamat (or other substance) just kills vibration related noise.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No offense Chris, but I disagree. I have a friend that owns a car audio shop, and holds spl world records By saying that I'm only trying to validate his experience in the product. He sold me the dynamat extreme (mine was actually branded Rockford Fosgate) to use on my engine cowl and front side of the bed. He has a few hundred square feet of it in his spl van. The reason for the product was to isolate the sound from one side of the panel to the other. I noticed a significant difference in sound level after the install of the product. I used most of a bulk size package. Not sure of the sq feet though. If you are going without the air box lid then cover the hole for the inlet. That will also reduce a lot of noise.

To answer the OP question, use the bulk size, probably called trunk or maybe 2 door size. You will find all kinds of places to use it, so buy as much as you can afford to spend on it. Quiet is comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
732 Posts
I used 40' of Second Skin and love it. Brought noise level down and was way cheaper than the Dyno. Plus he is nice guy with good customer service.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used 40' of Second Skin and love it. Brought noise level down and was way cheaper than the Dyno. Plus he is nice guy with good customer service.
Got any pics you can share? :fingersx:
If not, can you tell me what all parts you put the Damplifier on? Did you use Spectrum first?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts