Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 700 Long travel Rhino used kind of on a whim for something to play with and figured I would resell it..... Turns out I love the way it handles and we have a lot of fun with it so I have decided to keep it around..... I now want to get more speed out of it and my problem is I dont know where to go because I dont know what has already been done.

It does 54mph (with a tail wind) on the highway and I know the obvious it does not have a aftermarket intake or exhaust, I was looking on Ebay and I can gut a Muzzy dual exhaust, Digitune fuel controller and K&N filter all in a kit but started looking on this site at possible upgrades and it occured to me I dont know where to go for sure to get the most out of it not knowing where its already been....

I am not a mechanic but was wondering if I could get some ideas on how to check if I have a clutch sheav, or weights, or ignition ect. so I can figure out what has been done to it and decide what needs added. My goal is more torque and about 60MPH at least without losing reliability.

That was a loooong post for a newbie!!!! :-D Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
sounds like u have a clutch or a computer? msd.

if no msd box then u have a sheave or OD weights,

so , a sheave , msd, muzzy exhaust , k&N filter - run a outerwear- web cam - u will have power and hit 60+

·
Registered
985 Posts
I agree with Benzo. MSD, Dual Muzzy's, Sheave with OD greaseless weights and sliders, and a Different Intake Filter. Now this is just personal preference, I would install a UNI air Filter. Todd at www.humterworks.com and help out with the engine. The boys at UTVinc.com can help out with the filter, and JBS (hot rod rhino) can help out with sheave.

·
Registered
95 Posts
to find out what lods you have, check the battery box and see if you cdi is different than a stock all black one. As for the clutch which u either have a tuner and clutch to hit 54, you will have to take your clutch apart t see what you have in there before modding it more. It would suck to order parts you already have. It will make you get to know how your rhino works better and save you money in the end. good luck

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
call Todd at hunterworks!! he will say DONT run a KN, which yank will disagree lol

You may already have OD`s, but pair it with a Hot Rod sheave and you will be happy :)

MSD, MUZZY

Todd wont steer u wrong, and he can be blunt about certain products, but he wont BS you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks... all great places for me to start!!!! I looked through my old emails and found email from when I bought the Rhino and here is what the previous owner said about engine mods:

"There is only a chip. It will go 60-65 on road depending on the weight of whose in it."

They must of weighed negative 85 pounds!!!! LOL.

Also I found out no aftermarket clutch in it so I guess maybe I should start there????

BTW I was hoping to only spend about $1000 right now give or take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts