Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being stupid i bought a 450 and up here in alaska it dont have the power that i really need. i have put a roll cage and a little extras so the weight is alot more than i thought it would be on a 450. they dont make a turbo kit for it does anybody have a clue of what to do?

·
Registered
159 Posts
being stupid i bought a 450 and up here in alaska it dont have the power that i really need. i have put a roll cage and a little extras so the weight is alot more than i thought it would be on a 450. they dont make a turbo kit for it does anybody have a clue of what to do?
I have heard of sheeve upgrades and upgraded CDI boxes, these are both supposed to be fairly simple.

The CDI box is simply plug and go, the sheeve involves an install.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well on my 450 this is what I have done to it.
1. cdi
2. jet kit
3. utv crap sheave
4. fmf exhaust

But if you are look for 50 mph speeds out of the 450 forget it. It will not go that fast. My right now will do about 43 mph. But I still need get the carb tuned better and my it will go a little faster. The only thing is do expect to 660 or 700 speed out of the 450 because it won't happen.

Here a link to a thread that I have listed all my mods in.

http://www.rhinoforums.net/members-rides-rhino-month-contest/10777-my-450-up-grades-pics.html

Hope this helps you.

Travis

·
Registered
740 Posts
I only get about 53 on flat ground out of my 700 so 43 aint bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 450 too. I had the Yamaha dealer put in a different ignition modual (chip), that made a pretty good improvement.

Almost all stock bikes, quads, and Rhinos need to be pretty choked up to pass EPA standards. To get the full potential, you need to let more air in, more air out and then ballance the gas to suit.

Be careful with aftermarket exhausts. You may end up with lots of added noise and not so much added power.

I would stick to the simple things and get some modest increases. If you have lots of money and need a big gain, then trade it in on something with a bigger motor.

Like the old hotrodders say, there is no substitute for cubic inches.

·
Registered
561 Posts
From what I understand, it will take a cam and piston to make a SIGNIFICANT difference. Improvements with a sheave and CDI are minor simply because the 450 doesn't have the power to hit the current rev limit hard -- so moving it up, or allowing the belt to ride higher on a machined sheave won't do a whole lot.

But, add a piston and cam and you'll see a noticeable difference, and those will allow the increased rev limit of a CDI to work for you, while pushing the belt up that sheave. Note, though, that you'll have to run premium gas if you go with a higher compression piston...

Bottom line is that it's going to cost you some $$...

·
Registered
184 Posts
450 72MPH

Hey guys i have to disagree.... my 07 450 does 72 MPH..... i put a web camm
Big gun evo exhaust dynatek cdi utv crap modified clutch sheave iridium spark plug ....i just there was a turbo to get a lil more mid range....

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Hey guys i have to disagree.... my 07 450 does 72 MPH..... i put a web camm
Big gun evo exhaust dynatek cdi utv crap modified clutch sheave iridium spark plug ....i just there was a turbo to get a lil more mid range....
lol.... maybe 72 KMH

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just cause your 660 plus was not built right dont mean you guys should act ignorant....i have videos showing my factory speedometer ..... i dont have time to make false claims or deal with ignorance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just cause your 660 plus was not built right dont mean you guys should act ignorant....i have videos showing my factory speedometer ..... i dont have time to make false claims or deal with ignorance

I'm just shittin with ya man, since my 660 will only go 71 with my hotrod sheave. I was feeling left out!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts

lol! lets see a vid? do you have a GPS for speed to see if your factory is off?

or is that too ignorant for you?

·
Registered
87 Posts

I call bullshit... I'd like to see the video. :alcoholic:

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
found it! lol 44(cuz of bigger tires) mph=70KPH

sorry broseph a cam and a piston and sheave, not even a nos system will get you to 72MPH....

but I'm ignorant. lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Give me your emails .....gps my speedo already....dont half ass things like you most likely did but Ill waste my time to email your ignorant hater di$k sucking asses.....supposed to be a site of people helping each other out with advice etc.... not steer others wrong when you have no idea what your talking about....

·
Banned
597 Posts
Give me your emails .....gps my speedo already....dont half ass things like you most likely did but Ill waste my time to email your ignorant hater di$k sucking asses.....supposed to be a site of people helping each other out with advice etc.... not steer others wrong when you have no idea what your talking about....

Were all just stating the fact that it is impossible for a little baby 450 to hit 72 "MPH" with nothing other then a few lil bolt ons..... .. feel free to email me your video of you doing 72mph and I will gladly admit being wrong. But until then if you wanna hang with the big dogs. You have to quit pissing with the puppies :) my email.. [email protected]

·
Registered
5,892 Posts

lol that's why I'm posting...so people don't think you can go 72 with a cam a pipe.... get real.

post it to you tube. then here. your emails will probly get auto filtered to spam.

and what a terrible attempt at name calling. lol... good try tho.

and what did you do different when you put your cam in and pipe on? since I half assed mine haha!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts