Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new machined sheave and od weight from james this week, i am trying to install it now and I am unsure if i need to grease the the weights and sliders. If I do neeed to grease them how much? I tried to call James but no answer prolly because it is sunday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread ,
i have a question about the the OD Weights . what is the pro and con to the different weights ???

and is it worth getting the whole sheave and cam plate ??
Hot Rod Sheave with OD Slider Weights and Cam Plate

and info would be great

Gary

so this and muzzys and a msd would wake up the the rhinlo then ????

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
There are no cons to the grease less od slider weights...

IF..... you use the wv hot rod rhino sheave...

You can use just the od weights with stock sheave alone and get more top speed and lower cruising rpms...

The cons to that is loss of low end gearing...it will feel similar to going to larger tires at take off...

If you have stock sheave and want the benefit of the grease less od slider weights now w/o having to pay for sheave you can get sheave later...

If you existing sheave is in very good condition you can remove it and send it to JBS sheaves for machining...

You do not have to buy a cam plate...

The condition of your existing parts makes a big difference...

If you have a 700 and your cam plate is good...just get the sheave, weights, cam plate sliders...

If you want the latest upgrades iin a clean package with all new parts order the sheave, weights, 700 cam plate w/ sliders...

Then you just pop the old one off...and put the new clean one on...

If there is anything I can do to help you further pm me your email and I will contact you as soon as I can...

·
Registered
75 Posts
wow !! thanks for the quick reply

my rhino is a 2009 700 .. it is virtually brand new has about 800 miles of logging rod on it so i am sure my parts are like new ..

the whole package looks attractive to me just because you save the headache of taking out your existing sheave and cleaning all the grease out etc ..

and yours looks plug and play which i like

Gary

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Yes you are correct...cleaning and re-using is economical but also a messy pita...plus it is ALWAYS good to have spare parts on hand...

When you get the brand new parts in the box...and slide the old one off and don't even have to open the old sheave just grease the center of the new one and your on your way... I love that... :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes you are correct...cleaning and re-using is economical but also a messy pita...plus it is ALWAYS good to have spare parts on hand...

When you get the brand new parts in the box...and slide the old one off and don't even have to open the old sheave just grease the center of the new one and your on your way... I love that... :)
thanks for the info

Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my kit from RuttingRhino.com and it was easy. He tailored the weights to my setup and shipping is included. Craig answered all my questions on a Saturday afternoon and has other great products, just pull the trigger and do it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just buy it, you won't be disappointed at all! Before I bought it I thought that there was some hype and it might be like the napoleon dynamite time machine, there is no hype, these guys are not exagerating, they are very realistic and straight shooters on what you can expect. Buy it, don't be scared!

·
Registered
535 Posts
any discount for forum members?

·
Registered
75 Posts
so yea ..l i am about to go for it ...
what do you guys think of this ?????

HOT ROD SHEAVE
MSD CHARGE FI
MUZZY EXHAUST

do you think that will hit the mark and show some definite improvement ??
also what kind of realistic mph gains will i see ???

thanks for the great info

Gary

·
Registered
535 Posts

HOT ROD SHEAVE
MSD CHARGE FI
MUZZY EXHAUST

Gary
should probably look at a new cam to.

·
Registered
75 Posts

HOT ROD SHEAVE
MSD CHARGE FI
MUZZY EXHAUST

Gary
should probably look at a new cam to.
hmmm?? i really didn't want to start ripping the top end all apart ....
now you got me thinking LOL !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts