Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to make my own sound bar for my rhino. Anyone have examples of theirs? Also, any recommendations on the best components to use. I was thinking of using wakeboard tower speakers, but I am afraid they will hang down to low. Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I made my own speaker boxes that i mounted above the driver and passengers head. I used Pansonic 6x9 speakers. I'll try and get some pics tonight if you are interested.

I also had considered the wake bar speakers but i think they would take up way to much room.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I made my own speaker boxes that i mounted above the driver and passengers head. I used Pansonic 6x9 speakers. I'll try and get some pics tonight if you are interested.

I also had considered the wake bar speakers but i think they would take up way to much room.
We had some wakeboard speaker pods on another rhino...until they were stolen. I currently have speakers built into the front seats (mids/highs) and a sub under the drivers seat. Hidden sound seems to work better...and they sound great (they are located on either side of the headrests).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah if either of you could post some pictures that'd be awesome!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yeah if either of you could post some pictures that'd be awesome!

Missed all the daylight I had today. These are all the pics I currently have at the moment. The black patches on the front seats near the headrests are what cover the built in speakers. Sub is mounted under driver's seat and amp is mounted up under dash near crossover/equalizer. Now that I no longer have the two seater cage on the rhino and it has a four seater set-up, I plan on adding more speakers somehow. I am thinking a small enclosure under the rear passenger seat?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks great. Did you end up havig to put a bigger battery at 400 w or was the stock still ok?

·
Registered
986 Posts
That looks great. Did you end up havig to put a bigger battery at 400 w or was the stock still ok?
I have a stock replacement AGM battery but I also have the 60 amp UTV Crap alternator kit. When the bass hits...my headlights still dim. I need to add a capacitor and that should take care of the amperage draw. Good thing about the alternator kit is I can run all 8 lights (lightbar etc) and stereo without killing the battery.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which alt kit are you running? Mind sending me a link?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome thanks for the help!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats what I was thinking about doing. How much did the case cost for the headunit. all of the ones I am seeing are $60 plus.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks good much better than white

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was looking to make my own sound bar for my rhino. Anyone have examples of theirs? Also, any recommendations on the best components to use. I was thinking of using wakeboard tower speakers, but I am afraid they will hang down to low. Thanks!
I used a pair of Bose 101 patio speakers mounted to my shop built harness bar... picked them up off of Ebay for $30.00. They sound great and are durable as hell. Had some mounted under the soffit at my cabin for five years before some scumbag stole them.

Before that I made another one out of MDF but it didn't hold up very well in the rain. Probably would have done better with a more durable finish but I scrapped it and did the harness bar thing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
With those speaker bars pointing backwards how well can you hear the stereo while going 20-40 MPH? Seems you would want them up front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was made using wake speakers boxes.It has 2- 6" kickers speakers facing forward and 2 facing backward. It jams even when your moving.....

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
With those speaker bars pointing backwards how well can you hear the stereo while going 20-40 MPH? Seems you would want them up front.
You're absolutely right, not the hot setup for cruising. The only time we listen to it is when were out of the vehicle. It's nice to have some tunes when you stop on the trail for a beverage or when I'm working around the acreage.

My 660's intake is so loud, I don't think any setup is going to have qualitysound except for maybe headsets... but this is what works for us.

·
Registered
345 Posts
me and my brother built this one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's sick man what's the box made of?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts