Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love making stuff for my Rhino! I came up with this to hold my only Magellan Meridian Platinum GPS while driving. Used the auto mount which included a suction cup/flexible arm mount. Tossed the suction cup and flexible "arm". Should maintain great coverage even if I put a roof on.

I came up with this dash plate for my switches. Only need three for now, one for the reverse light, one for the winch and one for a future dome light. I used stainless steel fasteners for everything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks awsome!! Can you make more of those switch plates?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
what size die/knockout is that for punching the switch holes?

I have been looking all over for one, but there are many variables.

Thx

Rog

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No knock-outs. The switch holes were done with laser. I do have access to some neat machines! 0.830" wide and 1.450" tall with 0.010" radiused corners.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Are you going to make the switch plates and sell them?

·
Registered
257 Posts

Thx

Rog

Not to Hi-Jack...

Rog

Need a plate I have one for you, have a bunch I want to get out the shop... 4 switches cut out without the volume knob.

Call me

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you going to make the switch plates and sell them?
Pobably would not be kosher to sell these with the Yamaha logos engraved. I imagine I would hear from Yamaha legal dept. Having made this just for myself they can't really complain.

One advantage of being the small guy doing custom work - I can engrave pretty much anything on the plates.

·
Registered
451 Posts
hell if you decide to sell those plates i'll take one shipped to 85043

·
Registered
451 Posts
how about doing one that says DALLAS COWBOYS on it with the star where you have the yamaha logo i'll pay for that

·
Registered
98 Posts
How about one with "firefighter edition" on it??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Market for custom dash plates?

Okay, there may be an opportunity to make and sell custom dash plates that I was not aware of. I have sent for information about becoming a supporting vendor to see if this could work.

In the meantime, what would interest potential buyers? Is there a standard for switch/gauge layout? Fewer layouts would minimize cost. I could also do custom engraving work on customer's existing plates. Suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Some of my other work can be seen on my website:

JJ Custom L.L.C.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cool looking stuff ..... how about posting some shop pics. Its always nice to see other guy's shops and how its all set up with all the equipment and gear.

Dan

·
Registered
6,800 Posts

Thx

Rog

Not to Hi-Jack...

Rog

Need a plate I have one for you, have a bunch I want to get out the shop... 4 switches cut out without the volume knob.

Call me

I need the knock out for my sandcar dash I am fabbing, I have a CF Goblin dash in my rhino Endi, I have plenty of switches already! lol

thanks though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts