Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried to build an exhaust for their bike? Just a slip on, not a full exhaust? We did one on a sled once to sound more like a stinger and it worked great, only cost about $30. instead of $300!!!

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
peeps have tried all kinds of mufflers & cars mufflers including me,

its louder then crap and pain in the ass, unless ur just looking for sound u will gain no performance with a slip on , all the power to be made is in the header pipes,

muzzy being 1 of the best then a ron woods, with a supertrapp tip makes awesome power , and has been proven

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

I've done about six of them,with great results, it all depends on if you know what the F you are doing and if you have a brain and can engineer the mounts and layout correctly, in fact many of mine have lasted longer than the ebay specials my friends have bought...some fit better and mount better and look better than some of the aftermarket exausts out there....when its not available upto your standards you are stuck building your own,hence alot of my stuff is altered to fit my tastes.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can definately build anything custom.. Gonna look into this, see how it turns out and post if I hit the jackpot!!! (My buddy cut the stock pipes on his 04 Z1000 bike, now it sounds like a twin 502 Thru hull exhaust!! sounds crazy!!!)

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

I feel the woods is by far the best built exaust for the rhino I have seen,all heliarc welded and nice quality,he has a new tip and i think they are all 304L now,which is an improvement...but the downfall is with these single cylnders they are loud....

·
Registered
50 Posts
With their designe there sould be way less stress on the head studs and the the way they join the pipes together this should eliminate the front pipe from breaking like the OEM.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You need lots of flex and some kind of vibration relief. those stainless steel mesh flex pipes work great for connecting the header to the muffler. Support the weight so nothing is relying on the head studs for support. I try to support the muffler independent of the header.

Here is a couple good resource for prebent tubing and brackets muffler bodies.

Exhaust Mufflers Parts, Exhaust Muffler Components, Custom Muffler Components

and

Tube Bending & Fabrication - Columbia River Mandrel Bending

1 - 8 of 8 Posts