Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
My tablet has lost my typing twice on this thread. Ugh. If anyone wants some good detail photos send me a PM with an email and I will send them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like how you lost the ugly radius in the rear, I'd really like to see what you do at the projections? I was actually thinking about cutting 4" to 5" of each up-tube then turning all 4 up-tubes 90 deg toward each other. Then tie each side together then add 4 tubes front to rear with some bend in them. I want to put a small bend in each up-tube too to get away from the square look, and add a bar across the front maybe 10 inches off the dash. I also want rear bars going down along the bed, maybe to a bumper of some sort. I still want the functionality of the dump bed. Not eactly sure but I'm starting on it tomorrow. I am 5' 11". Tube doors will be next.
Thank you.
Steve
new tailgate

well, I pulled the bed off and had to make a new bracket to hold the hinges for the tailgate. Also had to straighten the release bar, it was bent pretty good. Spent a couple hours hammering out the bed and got it pretty straight, and I welded a piece of angle iron to it for strength. Then I built the tailgate out of some 1" angle iron, 1" square tubing and some 1 1/4 tubing we had. Welded it all together and put some steel mesh on the outside, and used some tubing and bolts for the hinges. Bought new plastic coated cable and bolted them to the original brackets and locations. I know it weighs a little more than the factory one but it is way stronger. What do you think?
View attachment 36184

View attachment 36185

View attachment 36186
Would you be interested in building one of these for me? I live in a situation where I don’t have these types of tools

21 - 23 of 23 Posts