Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here goes, when I first bought the Rhino (may of this year) the ole feller said "its been road easy just around the farm," WELL thats when it started. I bought it, and left it parked on a hill that night. the Next day there was a pool of oil the next morning. Got it on the lift and the front differential had a hole in it about the size of a dime, possibly penny. We got it puttied up with jb weld or some other glue type stuff (I'm not to technical :) ) and its held since last night. I've ridden it a handful of times, and I'm kinda rough on it. Went out to the garage today to ride it around the house and haul some stuff in it, and there was a puddle of oil again.. DUN DUN DUN!! Got to looking around and it seems the JB whatever it is is moving around so it's leaked out. SO besides buying a new front differential ($600) is there anything else I could try? I have NO clue how a hole could get in it to begin with. If pics are required let me know and I can post some.

Short story: Hole in differential, can I fix? Dont wanna pay tons for a new one.

HELP PLEASE :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Used diffs go on here for around $250-$300.

That being said- a hole in the diff doesn't just 'show up'. My guess is something is shredded in there...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Ring bolts came loose and shredded the case. I ended up buying a used diff and welding the ring gear bolts. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts