Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Rhino. This weekend I hit 4X4 on the machine. It acted like an 'off button. Killed the engine instantly. Display still lit up. Then when I restarted it the gears were sticky. Couldn't get it out of H. Shut it off for a few minutes. Then it stared no problem and the gears were fine. Retried putting it into 4X4 and the same outcome. Twice.
All help appreciated.

·
Registered
592 Posts
2008 Rhino. This weekend I hit 4X4 on the machine. It acted like an 'off button. Killed the engine instantly. Display still lit up. Then when I restarted it the gears were sticky. Couldn't get it out of H Shut it off for a few minutes. Then it stared no problem and the gears were fine. Retried putting it into 4X4 and the same outcome. Twice.
All help appreciated.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Something isn’t right in your front diff-if it’s locking up may explain why it’s hard to get out of gear..Even worse if the machine is on a slope. -drain/inspect the F diff gear lube...As for the front diff servo and dash selector switch, sounds like there working..Efi engines need good voltage to function-a short somewhere?..wouldn’t rule it out...hope it’s simple....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
I found this thread, do you think it might be the same issue?
Having shift servo powered up in both directions would have a large current draw I would think....How about putting a volt gauge on the battery, key on, select 4x4, Should hear servo operate, look for Excessive voltage drop, key off ( maybe it shifted),unplug shift switch from loom ( prove if it’s shorting) see if it starts & has 4 w drive-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts