Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that in order to start my 2007 660 rhino while in gear I have to press the brake pedal. But it’s not actually that. It’s the brake lights coming on.

sometimes when I press the brake pedal the rear brake lights won’t cut on. Then a minute later - miraculously - they do. They will every time for a month and then randomly - same thing. No brake light. No starting in gear.

and I know - it’s not that hard to just shift to neutral but I’ve got a machine that I’m pretty proud of - I want it to operate as intended.

I adjusted the set point where the light comes on because I thought that might be the issue. It didn’t seem to effect it.

what is my next step? Replacing that sensor switch? Is that even the mechanism that is sending power to the brake lights which then allow me to start in gear?

sorry for the long post. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sorta sounds as if the brake light switch has sticky contacts - sometimes makes connection sometimes does not. I think at this point I would just try replacing the switch. Of course also you would want to ensure that there are no loose connections and/or bad grounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts