Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, looking for recommendations on carb jetting and screw adjustments for around 7000 ft elevation. Previous owner had it jetted for sea level, Glamis & Ocotillo wells. Made a trip to South Hills Idaho & it felt pretty sluggish and would laydown & backfire alittle bit at about 1/4 throttle. 06 Rhino 660 bronco dry clutch, K&n filter with drycharger, Rhinocraft CDI box, Stock motor stock exhaust. Can anyone give me stock jetting specs also thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Main 150
Pilot 40
Starter 55

Can't help you with jetting for altitude. I'm going to be working on that for 7k-14k this summer.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I've run my 05 660 all over Colorado and Utah over 11,800' Engineer Pass and Mosquito Pass 13,185' with no issues. I wouldn't mess with it if it runs good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rhino Rat, how was your power at elevation? I could definitely feel my 660 down on power also, I lost about 15 mph on the top end. Flat out in Ocotillo wells I could hit 60mph. I just discovered my muffler has a split in it also, sure thats messing with it also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a '07 660. When I go to Colorado, we usually stay from between 7500' to 10,000' and explore up to 11,000'+. I change the main jet to 137 or 137.5 and it runs just fine. Just wish the their law would give you a little lead way on short stints on pavement to get to some of the riding areas from campgrounds and not have to load up just to go down the road a little way. Up around Taylor reservoir they love to patrol the mile of pavement from the campground to the riding area. Found the same to be true in New Mexico and Arizona. In our state, you can cross a highway at right angles if you have you headlights on. Arizona (Quartzsite) got us for doing that and made us push it back across the highway instead of being able to drive it across. When I tried to explain that it was legal in my state, he said we were in Arizona, not Texas. My wife and I struggles to get it across the highway and the ditches and sand. We were told we could put license plates on it but when I went to register it, they would not accept my out of state insurance and wanted me to buy Arizona insurance. Not trying to stir up anything with anyone from these states, just telling what we ran into. :(

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
We ran into the same thing in Wickenburg, nice area to ride though.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Hi Rhino Rat, how was your power at elevation? I could definitely feel my 660 down on power also, I lost about 15 mph on the top end. Flat out in Ocotillo wells I could hit 60mph. I just discovered my muffler has a split in it also, sure thats messing with it also.
Drop in power was as suspected had no problem going anywhere, ran and idled fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts