Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this issue has been covered several times on here, but for an 04', it seems I'm running into some sort of problem everywhere I turn. Most of the kits I've heard you guy's talk about will not work on an 04. I'm waiting on an answer from Rigid on whether or not their's will work on my bike. Anyone out there have an 04 or 05 with HID's? I'd love to hear what and how you did it. Thanks a bunch.

Jimmy

·
Registered
334 Posts
I know this issue has been covered several times on here, but for an 04', it seems I'm running into some sort of problem everywhere I turn. Most of the kits I've heard you guy's talk about will not work on an 04. I'm waiting on an answer from Rigid on whether or not their's will work on my bike. Anyone out there have an 04 or 05 with HID's? I'd love to hear what and how you did it. Thanks a bunch.

Jimmy
Bike??? what make model and year is it??

·
Registered
991 Posts
You might be able to retrofit the 2006 single beam kit on there, but I can't say for sure because I've never dealt with anything below a 2006. Rigid will know best as it's their kit though...

·
Banned
401 Posts
Just get the 06 and up head lights

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey check out this post:
http://www.rhinoforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/54087-2004-hids.html

Keep me updated, I have an 05 and would like to upgrade my lighting as well. just trying to decide if i want to try to do the HIDs or just go buy some lights @ walmart and hook up.

Yeah, I read that post and that's probably what I'll end up doing. I'm not at all worried about the bulb installation, I think I can get the H6M bulb to work as Buckman did. What I don't really want to do is cut off the factory connector plugs on the harness. I'm almost positive that the connection plug from the new light harness will not match up with the factory harness. I'll let you know if I decide to do something with it or not.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just my 2cents: I recently picked up a set of Xentec hid's off ebay for my 06. Suppose to plug right in. They dont. I would have to cut the "factory" female end off in order to make them work. I contacted customer service and they are suppose to be sending me out some kind of plug adapter. We'll see?

·
Registered
51 Posts
hm if the plug adapter works let us know. THis might be another possibility for us. What kinda bulb is in the 06's?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Easy way to tell is most 06 Plugs are plastic, Mine is an 06 rhino with 07 headlight buckets. 07 and up have a Metal collar in the bucket and on the plug.
04/05 Don't use the same plastic plug as the 06
H6= Plastic plug
H6M= Metal plug
Hope this helps..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts