Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everybody, I wanted to good discussion on HID's and LED's. I would love to hear your personal preference,opinion, and experiences. Here are some facts on both, but I would like to hear what you have to say on the matter. So what do you like?!

DID(High Intensity Discharge) lighting is a quantum leap forward in off-road illumination. HID lamps produce daylight quality light(4200k) and brightness(3200 lumens). A single HID bulb produces the equivalent of 250 watts of Halogen lighting power, while consuming only about 45 total watts of electricity and generating far less heat. instead of a filament, HID bulbs fire a charge between two electrodes encased in a Xenon gas filled bulb. Since the bulb has no filament, vibration does not affect its operating life of approximately 2000 hours.

LED(Light Emitting Diode) lighting has been around for years, but is relatively new to the forward lighting off-road scene. Recent advances in technology have made it possible to produce high-output LEDs capable of reaching the performance & pricing of HID lighting. These lights have an extensive life(approx. 100,000 hrs.) and are very resistant to vibration. The benefits of LED lighting include smooth, even light patterns and the possibility of making the light assembles in many varying sizes and shapes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A spot hid will give you more distance than an led. The led's give a nice wide pattern and some distance. It depends on what type of riding your doing and how fast your going. In less you have a motor swap in your rhino you probably won't out-drive an led light bar

·
Registered
319 Posts
My penile projection is HID. Well it was...

I'm older now. ...but I'm still unbeatable bench racing by the fire.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was just searching fro info on this very subject. I have hid fog lights on my truck and was wanting to put those on my rhino and replace them with led fogs. I need a spot beam that goes pretty far. Does anyone make a round led foglight that will go a good distance that aint too expensive?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't go with an LED if you want distance, HID will get you the furthest reach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.