Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some HIDstore.com lights coming. Just wondering how well they work compared to stock lights. I got them so I dont have to worry about running a lot of other lights and still get the same affect. I've heard they help a lot but is it that much better?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I love mine!! You have to really adjust them up though as the stock lights point pretty low. Great addition!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would rather do less night riding and spend that money on other mods at the moment. Plus, the extra halogens I have on i seem to light up the trail just fine at the moment.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
fergie80 said:
I would rather do less night riding and spend that money on other mods at the moment. Plus, the extra halogens I have on i seem to light up the trail just fine at the moment.
I agree with Fergie, accept I like night rides! But, I still would invest in the upgraded stator and throw on a couple of 100w halogens before I did the HID upgrade again!! Dont get me wrong, theyre greeaaat.....(lol), but I think you get more bang for your buck with the stator and big halogens.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea night riding is fun! I have 4-4" PIAA's im putting on too. should really light up the night.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just have my wife hold the Mag light, seams to work......

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have replacement HID's I can sell sets for $200 plus shipping. They are 6000k bulbs, and are very bright. They only fit the 06 light housing though but you can get the 06 housing at the dealer for cheap, and run my lights. Work great!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just ordered the 8000 and am extremely impressed. I removed the spring assembly, drilled the two black holes a little bigger, pushed wires through, connected and BAM there was light. I lit up the whole city of Surprise. great product.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm upgrading my stockers to VisionX HIDs...I will post photos this week.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I agree with Fergie, accept I like night rides! But, I still would invest in the upgraded stator and throw on a couple of 100w halogens before I did the HID upgrade again!! Dont get me wrong, theyre greeaaat.....(lol), but I think you get more bang for your buck with the stator and big halogens.

HID lights have made night rides the focus of our
Glamis trips, I wouldn't trade my HIDs for any other mod.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have replacement HID's I can sell sets for $200 plus shipping. They are 6000k bulbs, and are very bright. They only fit the 06 light housing though but you can get the 06 housing at the dealer for cheap, and run my lights. Work great!
I just put a set of HID's in my 06 and had to upgrade the housings to 07's. They work great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
[email protected] is the person in Ebay that I got my H6 HID replacement lights from. I'm very pleased with them and it only took about 20 minutes to hook them up. I also have MR-16 HID lights on my front rack, 1 spot 1 flood and with all 4 on I own the night. The original head lights are worse then the old 2 AA mag lights. If you contact the email above they will send you a link to their Ebay auction. I also made a point of letting them know the year and type of bulb I needed for my 2006 Rhino just so there wouldn't be any mistake. With shipping it only cost me $79.99 a pair where my MR-16s cost me $295 for the 2 of them.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I got my set last week from XENONAUTOHAUS ON EbAY for $84.00 delivered for the H6m'S. (07 Rhino 660)THEY WERE NOT TRUE PLUG AND PLAY BUT EASY TO INSTALL. I used the high beam wire and connected a relay from the battery to feed the modules and all went well. Wow what light. I used the low beams for white LED's under the headlights!
I like everything to work! LOL

Rog

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got my set last week from XENONAUTOHAUS ON EbAY for $84.00 delivered for the H6m'S. (07 Rhino 660)THEY WERE NOT TRUE PLUG AND PLAY BUT EASY TO INSTALL. I used the high beam wire and connected a relay from the battery to feed the modules and all went well. Wow what light. I used the low beams for white LED's under the headlights!
I like everything to work! LOL

Rog
Wow... i'd be afraid to buy something that cheap without seeing/testing it. Hope everything works well in the future with those, wouldn't want to regret shortcutting the proven stuff.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
They come with a 1 year warranty.
Like everything in this sport, if you do some research you can save alot of money here and there. If you can fab your own stuff, (which I do alot) you can save more. If you want bling (or what everyone else has) then you can surely find it and pay for it.

Example: I use harbor freight tools for the Desert instead my MAC and SNAPON, if I lose one no biggie. Some parts and accessories for these machines are rediculous ($300 mirrors) give me a break
$100.00 exhaust tips (or more). come on!

My machine isn't fancy but does a good job.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.