Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was re-building my carb and didn't tighten the main jet. It ran good for about a minute and then started flooding. It helps to not be an idiot.

Trav

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't sweat it, we're all idiots at some point. At least it was easily fixed!

How's it running now? Get everything sorted out?
seems to be working fine. I had also drilled the wrong plug. I filled in the hole in the plug with JB Weld and let it dry and then pressed it back in the hole. It works fine. I am going to go do a long ride this weekend. I did move the clip on the jet needle to the bottom to make it richer, since all of my riding is below 700 ft above sea level and everyone says that the rhino runs a little lean anyway. I'll see how it runs this weekend. I'll have tools and a spare plug in case I need to adjust it back some. At least I have gotten good at taking the carb apart and putting it back together. haha.

Trav

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems to be working fine. I had also drilled the wrong plug. I filled in the hole in the plug with JB Weld and let it dry and then pressed it back in the hole. It works fine. I am going to go do a long ride this weekend. I did move the clip on the jet needle to the bottom to make it richer, since all of my riding is below 700 ft above sea level and everyone says that the rhino runs a little lean anyway. I'll see how it runs this weekend. I'll have tools and a spare plug in case I need to adjust it back some. At least I have gotten good at taking the carb apart and putting it back together. haha.

Trav
I didn't get to do the long ride but I did ride it for a couple of miles twice. The JB Weld seems to be holding up just fine and the carb is working great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts