Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up a used rhino and it came with the yamaha rear vinyl window but no install instruction's.

I figured out where to zip it at the top.

I can't figure out if I am supposed to dissassmble the lower back portions of the roll bar and slip the hole on the lower corners of the window thru the roll bar or not?

Also where does the locking straps also in the lower corners of the window get attached to?

I know it is probably very simple but I am just not figuring it out today, also if you can take or have pics of the lower rear window attached on your machine that would just be awesome.

Thanks!!!

ETA- Went back and buckled the passenger side to the grab rail thingy next to the seat, was going to strap the drivers side to the same thing and it's not there, came and looked at some pics on here and it is there on other people's rhino's, oh well, so I buckled it to the seat belt mount, should work but if there are any other suggestions please let me know, Thanks again.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought one from a local Yamaha dealer back in '07 when I bought my SE. Didn't fit so I returned it. Later came to find out that when the dealer put the bike together, the two cross bows in the top were reversed. They had put the one with the grab handle towards the rear and it should have been the front one. That will give you a clean rear bow to wrap the velcro around without interference from the grab handle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought one from a local Yamaha dealer back in '07 when I bought my SE. Didn't fit so I returned it. Later came to find out that when the dealer put the bike together, the two cross bows in the top were reversed. They had put the one with the grab handle towards the rear and it should have been the front one. That will give you a clean rear bow to wrap the velcro around without interference from the grab handle.
I had originally started on the drivers side and was confused since the grab handle next to the seat was missing:aargh4:, I have now ordered one for the drivers side and put the strap's on as listed above for now until the handle arrives, then I will strap it to the handles. Mine does not have velcro just a zipper on the top bar and buckle straps on each lower corner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts