Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to put some HID lights for my rhino but they're way over my budget so then I figured a clever idea. I was wondering to buy some cheap off road lamps and then install this conversion kit I found on amazon (link below). It comes with everything and I wanted your advice. Also I have the stock battery and I'm not sure if I'm going to need another battery or a more powerful one. Please help

Amazon.com: JLM HID Xenon Conversion Kit 9006 6000K offroad: Automotive

·
Registered
991 Posts
You could do that, but then you run the risk of having an exposed ballast that's not under a hood like an HID conversion for your stock lights would be. I say either get an HID conversion or get some of our 4" HIDX lights, it's all enclosed and ready to go. Although there are a lot of people who have done a conversion with Hellas..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the valuable info but I forgot to mention that I will mount them on the front bumper so I think there is going to be no problem mounting the ballasts under the hood. Also what about the battery? And want to know more about this hid's and how many amps and voltage they use? Any thoughts about the conversion kit and if it is a good product?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I did what you want to do with a set of ProComp H11 lights from 4 Wheel parts.

What's nice about this housing is that you can mount a full size ballast inside.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the idea but I already got some lights. Just need to purchase the kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.