Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help...and have advice for everyone...this morning i went to start the rhino to put in the new shed i made for it yesterday but never parked it in there...so this morning it is starting to rain ...seattle...so i run out and hop in...it starts right up...like normal....but ii did not let it warm up...i put in drive and took off ( new wet clutch)...then i stoped cuz i needed to back-up...it died...i turned the key and nota?....i opened the hood...and looked...i see 3 fuzes?...2....30's by the red starter wires ...and a tiny one...not sure what size it is?...well one of the 30's was blown...the second one...so i happy for the 10 sec trouble shoot,....i find a new one...and it fits loose?...anyway nuthing if i turn the key( so a reminer to all...have fuzes with you ) so what else can i check/it be ?...i hooked my jump box to it nota...just want to make shure my bat was good...any help?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
#1 yes carry extra fuses!!! I always do.

#2 the 2 30amps are the main fuses and one is a spare, muscle something like this. swap em out and it should solve your problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK learn something every day....my spare 30A was blown...drivers side ( second one )..thats why it fits loose...the first one ...on pass side was good and hard to get out so i know a tite fit...thats my starter relay or silanoid?....cuz it has the bat wire that feeds it...runs through that sercut and then the red wire that leaves and goes to starter?....well with key on....if i put a screwdriver between the two red starter wire posts...it cranks and starts right up?...so did that box take a ****?...is it a relay or silanoid?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so i go to cheap cycle parts. com ...cus i like the OEM mico fich.....Looks like Pic # 035 Starter Relay assy # 5UG-81940-00-00 $42.88...like i said with key on if i jump across the relay it cranks over and starts....so did it take a ****?...can i clean/check it? fix it?.....or is it WV parts order time

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Maybe not time to order quite yet. Check the fuses inside of the black box which is inside of the battery box. One of those fuses might have blown, hopefully the one that provides the power to energize that starter relay.

Oh, don't put the blown fuse into the spares slot. Put a new one in the spares slot. I would guess that is what caused you to have a blown fuse in the spares spot in the first place :aargh4:

·
Registered
18 Posts
SteveS,, i have a 08 rhinoFI700, it went dead while ideling and will not start ,fuel pump is working coil checked out good,, which fuse should i check ,i have no fire to the plug,,, thanks Diveman i got fire but still will not start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts