Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've got a 2008 700 stock at the momment. Stock size tires with aluminum wheels. I have a new sheave and belt on the way and am considering an ignition controller.
I ride primarily over wooded rocky terrain. Ya know creeks, hills, bogs etc..
Here's my questions;

Anyone have a similar set up if so which type of "cdi" are you running?
Are the preloaded maps adequate for just "funnin' it" in the woods?
Should I replace the weights and springs?
Should I replace the spring on the secondary?:aargh4:
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I dont like changing/installing a whole bunch of parts at the same time....do one at a time and test drive...is it better or worse?....add another test drive and so on...if you change 5 parts at the same time its harder to tell what is doing what....the cdi is a must...the scheves should help a bunch and ride first...the secondary springs are only 30 bucks...move up two and see...better for woods and rocks by holding your low gear longer...and always good gas and a spash of octane boster helps with power...our gas is really ****...i buy the lucas octane stuff...says its way better than the others..it says not street legel...that got my attension....just a spash and 5 gal...and you have a rocket

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The Ecu will remove your rev limit in forward and reverse. I agree with the above statement do 1 thing at a time and see / feel the difference. This way you know what each upgrade is doing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No expert here,but the sheave was the first thing I did on my 700 & I reused the stock rollers & It did great!(I did go lighter on the rollers later because of engine upgrades)It wont add power,but you will get more speed(48-49 mph).The ecu wont add noticeable power unless you do engine upgrades(Exhaust,cam,piston)but you will get a few more mph.I did upgrade to a gold spring,but I think the stock 700 spring is pretty good.Like every one says-one thing at a time & you can see what you like or need.Have fun on the experiment

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I've done a lot of reading but it's always nice to hear it from people with real world experience not just people trying to sell ya their stuff!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed an msd fuel controller,K&N airfilter and right away my top speed went from 66 kph to 84 kph,I chose setting three with a 8000 redline.The controller is a very easy install with instant results and there are enough settings that in the future if you built an engine that could handle 10,000rpm you can set it,it can also be upgraded for custom tuning.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
wait for the new msd 3d programmer if you can ........
msd has great product support and techinal help........
the new unit should be out soon..........:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts