Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 700 rhino. Started it up and error codes one and two came up. was running really rough. Did an Internet search and everything was pointing towards the ECU. found it was half submerged in mud. Pulled the connections apart and sprayed with electrical cleaner then blew it all out with the air hose. cleaned up all electrical connections in the battery box area. Rhino will now turn over however will not start. Is the first move change the ECU? Is there a way for the dealer to test my unit prior to spending three or $400 on a new one?
any other suggestions would be appreciated as well
Thank you.

·
Registered
2009 Rhino 700, Hunters Edition
13 Posts
I have a 2012 700 rhino. Started it up and error codes one and two came up. was running really rough. Did an Internet search and everything was pointing towards the ECU. found it was half submerged in mud. Pulled the connections apart and sprayed with electrical cleaner then blew it all out with the air hose. cleaned up all electrical connections in the battery box area. Rhino will now turn over however will not start. Is the first move change the ECU? Is there a way for the dealer to test my unit prior to spending three or $400 on a new one?
Thank you.
I would go through the standard troubleshooting regime. Check for spark, fuel, and ensure the mud didn’t clog up the air intake duct. Keep us posted as to your progress.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thank you.
You didn't say which electrical cleaner you used, but I know the hard way that some electrical cleaners will damage circuit boards. Now I use electronic cleaner instead of electrical cleaner. For example CRC makes both and they do contain different chemicals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would go through the standard troubleshooting regime. Check for spark, fuel, and ensure the mud didn’t clog up the air intake duct. Keep us posted as to your progress.
Thank you. I believe we have found the problem. Clips on the end of the wiring harness that goes into the ECU are bad. Now I have to find two clips or a complete wiring harness. Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't say which electrical cleaner you used, but I know the hard way that some electrical cleaners will damage circuit boards. Now I use electronic cleaner instead of electrical cleaner. For example CRC makes both and they do contain different chemicals.
Thanks good info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts