Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
If it wasent bled properly thats ur problem did u bleed it up top and at the bottom also. These things are a pain to bleed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Did u bleed up top and bottom both? Did u have it jacked up so radiator was above motor? Doubt an oil leak will cause overheat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah didn't have it jacked up very high, maybe 12 inches. I can re-do that this weekend.

Also, what size is the rad cap? I want to buy a pressure tester and test the whole cooling system at 15psi.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Im not sure i have larger aftermarket radiator

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Youtube has a great vid for bleeding just search(how to bleed cooling system yamaha rhino) its the first vid. Disreguard when he goes into eng bleeding tgats for a new engine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Gonna test the whole system this weekend, pressure up to 15 psi and see if it holds, if not then start diagnosing one component at a time. I will let all know what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1.the reverse wire is a green wire that drapes over the engine and will get a bad connection due to the heat of the engine.
2. when has the belt been replaced? is it hard or many cracks on the outside of the belt?
3. is the grease in the primary clutch hardened?
4. no more than 5 psi is needed to carb. anything above will push past the float.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
1.the reverse wire is a green wire that drapes over the engine and will get a bad connection due to the heat of the engine.
2. when has the belt been replaced? is it hard or many cracks on the outside of the belt?
3. is the grease in the primary clutch hardened?
4. no more than 5 psi is needed to carb. anything above will push past the float.
1. I don't think the reverse rev-limiter is an issue anymore, I'm not seeing a blinking reverse light and the rhino now moves fine. My clutch was shot, replaced it and everything moves fine. However, I'm getting an oil leak at my clutch housing now, I assume this is when my dumbass used a sanding attachment on the dremel tool to remove the old gasket before putting the new one, probably affected the mating of the flange assembly. Ordered a new one.

2. Replaced belt already, old one was at 30mm

3. Grease is fine, but cleaned it all off and applied new grease to everything.

4. Fuel is no longer a problem, not getting a gas smell anymore, not sure what changed that but I'm not complaining.

The issue now is the over-heating and the oil leak. What size pressure cap adapter is needed to test this radiator? Anybody know of a good affordable gauge set for the dash? I'd like to see fuel level, water temp level, and also oil pressure.

Thanks!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts