Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last few rides my crankcase breather hose is blowing out about a quart of oil. im using the KMS siphon break but thats not helping. there is so much air blowing out of the breather it will blow up a balloon.:aargh4: what do u think? rings? valves? sell it????:33:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Boredhead, are you over heating at all?
I had the same issues but once I put the siphon
break on and drilled a shitload of holes in my
front bumber plate it all went away. I remember
reading a post on GD awhile back on someone
who had severe crank case pressure cuasing
the same issue. I think it was a 686 kit and it
might have been Cody from sidexside mag.
Maybe someone here will have a better memory
than me.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
If I put to much oil in my 686, it will puke oil out the KMS breather and the oil temps are higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
okay well i just bought my rhino today and after i got home more stuff has been going on with it. the water pump is like blowing water out of the bottom of it but its thicker than water but not as think as oil. i was going to just buy a new water pump but dont wanna waste my time on that if its not it. ( im messing with it now)

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
wo wo wo

he's got a teryx folks!....the teryx is a different animal, my buddies with teryxs all have the same problems....most gugs buy the valve covers that have NPT fittings in the top and then run hoses up and behind the seats and into breathers, they puke their internals all the time, alot worse than a rhino motor...I'll tell you what I would do...I did it to my dads rhino...and no you don't have bad rings or too much oil etc..
I welded a steel fitting to the cage behind the seat, the vertical bar or B pillar, then ran the hose uphill to that fitting so that the oil could all settle back into the crankcase, then I drilled a few breathing holes into the cage top away from anything like the roof or your head and out of site...it works soo *****'n....Im doing it to my rhino next, that way you don't have any oil messes coming from the breathers, the cage is tall and depending on the cage design you can vent it up high all the time which is what you want so that gravity keeps the oil down and only hot crankcase vapor rises up and out, works great, there is always condensation in the crankcase and in the breathers to an extent so don't worry too much about that or rain entering the system.
3/16 holes is what I drilled and did about 6 of them strategically placed is the key...we dune the crap out of it and it works great,no more mess and or oil loss, it does the job well..the fitting is just above the welded in bung so barely an oil can get trapped in there..early style cage, if I had a latter style cage I would do the same,just plug the bottom of the cage above the mounting bolt, then the whole tube is used as a cooling chamber and breather system...

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

okay well i just bought my rhino today and after i got home more stuff has been going on with it. the water pump is like blowing water out of the bottom of it but its thicker than water but not as think as oil. i was going to just buy a new water pump but dont wanna waste my time on that if its not it. ( im messing with it now)
pull out your dipstick is it all milkshake looking?....sounds like a blown head gasket on that one my friend..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.