Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im thinking about making a trip to Glamis for Christmas, i'm getting some friends together for their first ever trip to Glamis. They all want to go when theres a lot less people out there. Can anyone elaborate on Christmas(weekend)2016 being a slow weekend for this trip? Or weekend before be better? My thought is that it will be really kick back weekend because everyone will be at home with their families. I've only made trips during Thanksgiving. Trying to change their minds about Glamis, they only hear and know of horror stories of Glamis, they've never experienced Glamis for them selves. Thanks everyone for any info you can provide!

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
You won't be alone, estimated 100,000 peeps for Christmas and New Years.....2014-2015

·
Holiday Winner!
870 Posts
It is a spectacle for sure, I agree you might as well go and it will either scare you off or you'll join the rage. For me I'm way over it and wouldn't think of going there during the big weekends. Mid week riding only for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
Maybe I'm just older now cause I don't have any patience for the morons and idiots that will be there. I miss the 80's, those were the good days when Comphill was fun, day or night.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glamis Christmas

Thanks everyone for all your input, think I"ll plan the trip for weekend after new years. Thinking their will be little less people, hopefully all the friends have a great experience and love it. I know i'll never forget my first trip to Glamis!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glamis trip after New Years

Wanted to give an update, we made it out the week end after new years.
We had an awesome time, not to busy! Success, friends aren't sketchy about Glamis anymore, they loved their first trip to Glamis, they can't wait to go back! My buddy Don & his wife have a sand rail they almost recently let go, I told them to hold off till they get to experience Glamis. Now after running it in Glamis they both said, " think we'll hold on to it for a long long time". We even got to help out a guy in his razor get it flipped back on all fours, laid it over on a good size dune by comp hill. Thanks again guys for your input!

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
Wanted to give an update, we made it out the week end after new years.
We had an awesome time, not to busy! Success, friends aren't sketchy about Glamis anymore, they loved their first trip to Glamis, they can't wait to go back! My buddy Don & his wife have a sand rail they almost recently let go, I told them to hold off till they get to experience Glamis. Now after running it in Glamis they both said, " think we'll hold on to it for a long long time". We even got to help out a guy in his razor get it flipped back on all fours, laid it over on a good size dune by comp hill. Thanks again guys for your input!
Glad it worked out for you....

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
good to hear,glamis is the best,no other place compares to it in the usa for sand, you just have to go on slow weekends and with a group of folks who know how to dune, eighty percent of the idiots who go cant pick a line and put a dune ride together to save their lifes! truly an awesome time, trying to go this weekend if the rain stops.....nice chevelle I have a 70 and a 69....got any extra parts for the chevelle u are selling? lol....camshaw

·
7,025 Posts
good to hear,glamis is the best,no other place compares to it in the usa for sand, you just have to go on slow weekends and with a group of folks who know how to dune, eighty percent of the idiots who go cant pick a line and put a dune ride together to save their lifes! truly an awesome time, trying to go this weekend if the rain stops.....nice chevelle I have a 70 and a 69....got any extra parts for the chevelle u are selling? lol....camshaw
its only water kam u scared! crandall1972 please don't sell this guy any car parts! His local city officials are fining him for his yard looking like a junk yard full of rusted cars :alcoholic:

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
oh thats rude! considering I have a nice 720stroker rhino motor belonging to you sitting on my engine run stand you really ought to be nice to the hand that feeds you! lol

ps....I need front sheet metal for my 70 chevelle if you got anything? fenders core support etc...it was beat up,not worth fixn...probably will just buy new metal,worth a shot

·
7,025 Posts
oh thats rude! considering I have a nice 720stroker rhino motor belonging to you sitting on my engine run stand you really ought to be nice to the hand that feeds you! lol

ps....I need front sheet metal for my 70 chevelle if you got anything? fenders core support etc...it was beat up,not worth fixn...probably will just buy new metal,worth a shot

hahaha :34:

·
Engineer
8,221 Posts
thats cuz my rhino is faster than yours....ha ha
I have the slowest Rhino, crawl rocks at 0 mph lol..
You gonna be around next week? I'll grab some pizza's or whatever and come down

1 - 18 of 18 Posts